Agnostic.com

6 6

Look what one of my apps has just reported: online stalking. Does it happen to you?

Unfortunately it doesn't say which "companies" in the Agnostic.com group are stalking me online.

Do you have similar incursions against your privacy & how do you deal with them?

FrayedBear 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't care enough what narrative robots might think of me. Had 2 pass ex girlfriends stalking me, probably be less impress if a robot was stalking me. Maybe they would learn a thing or two, like my old girlfriends.

Like what?

I use mobile only for a couple years now, I've never had any ads or suspicious dealings on here. I only ever see obvious scammers/bots but they are everywhere.

Tejas Level 8 Feb 2, 2023

You could also try using anti tracking apps in firefox and duckduckgo. Who better at stopping trackers than the second and third most prolific tracking sites after Google and Android?
While this does not stop everything, it does curtail a PORTION of it

'Twas the duck that reported it.

There are numerous android security sites that teach how to block and disable undesired software. these are all how to's . I am sure this will help you.
On my desktop, I use MX Linux, I have disabled as many trackers as I have found. Totally stopped farcebook trackers and severely curtailed Google in my settings under security. Again I searched for security advice on the web.
My wife uses exclusively Windoze same thing, there are numerous security sites.
Ironically if you find some preferred software in Windoze there is a linux equivalent under a totally different name with similar or sometimes even better functionality.
Hope this helps.

I'm Android on the phone. I still haven't got round to trying out a new computer that I bought at xmas so haven't worked with windows for a long time.

So far so good and no problems. I have ad free and once asked my late partner's son (a major computer nerd) what was the best virus protector services and he recommended malawarebytes. [malwarebytes.com] So far it's worked well for me.

Good to know.

My browser has AdBlocker Ultimate and I avoid lots of nonsense that way. I'm not worried about which companies are stalking me because all of them do that now. They either want to sell you something or get your business somehow. Others might want to give you a virus. It's not likely you would find where they are and go throw rocks at them for this, so I just let my programs take care of things. Avast is a good free antivirus. Avira Free Security Suite is another. I hate Cortana, the spy, and have ripped her out of my systems on all 3 of my desktop computers. I have also destroyed Windows Defender because that it what it does. It defends Windows and Microsoft. Windows Update is total nonsense that needs to be turned off most of the time. I have a program that does that with one click. You have to watch Microsoft because every 180 days they want to sneak in with the "best Windows program ever" for you. To me this means that you just get things working like you want them and they step in to show you they are the boss. F.U., Charlie. I'm running your operating system the way I want to. Go away and leave me alone. I don't want to restart my computer and have their big surprise screw up my programs. You can get outside programs to cover so many things. Sordum.org has a few of these.

I run everything as admin but this is not the highest title you can have. Sordum has a program that gives you the rights of the Windows "trusted installer." This is the highest user level on any Windows system.

Linux OS deals with none of this.

I dumped Windows and went to Linux a long time ago.

@Flyingsaucesir I'm not sure that Linux would run the programs that I use. If I find someone that says it does I might have to switch. Right now one of mine is Firestick 4K Max and even though I have no trouble with it I hear that Walmart's latest Onn Android TV is much more friendly and easier to use.

@jlynn37 you sure ?? have you checked the multiple linux distros or dived into the open repositories??
Debian based distros have access to over10 million programs/applications free to download. same with the Redhat based distros which also have free program downloads in their repositories.
Then there is a program called Wine which allows a Microsoft application to run under linux.

@jlynn37 lol, most of what happens on the internet goes through Linux programmes.
Most countries not hypnotised by Microsoft hype run on Linux as it has had multi station functionality, unlike MS, from day one.

Thanks for the Sordum info.

& I agree regarding MS. - multiple sclerotic, multi scam, much stupidity Microsoft.
Linux is a working example of Cipolla's intelligence at work. MS is simply a thief.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:707765
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.