Agnostic.com

3 3

This is a comment I posted in Sept. 2017
"DAVID FISHEL" I was at a rally in Harrisburg today and, walking by a group who had everybody singing "love through Jesus" songs together and praying, made the mistake of saying out loud "You don't have to be Christian to love". (I am an atheist, though I don't usually wear that on my sleeve). I was immediately approached by a large man dressed in black with a black bandana over his face and a snake on the front of his shirt who proceeded to ask me whom I was and censure me for my statement; whereupon I asked him whom he was and why his face was covered. (no answer). I was reviled by everyone around me. Excuse me for speaking my mind but it was my understanding that I was attending a public demonstration about the presidential crisis. Why does it have to be commandeered by "Christians"? I happen to think that so-called Christian Evangelicals are largely the reason Trump won the election. Could this man who came from a group of similarly dressed thugs standing apart be those of whom you speak? Don't get me wrong, I was among those who marched in Harrisburg at the "Barrigan" trial in 1972, in support of those Catholic Priests and Nuns who destroyed draft records, as my friend pointed out, so maybe I've had just too much "Christianity, Islam and every other religion for a lifetime. After all, isn't this shit all about religion?...........I POSTED THIS ON SUNDAY AND I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION. AM I COMPLETELY OFF-BASE? EVERYBODY ELSE THINKS SO AND I GUESS THEY'RE RIGHT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. THANKS.

fishline79 7 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don’t listen to people and give the religious Hell.

Off base about what?

Of course you don't have to be a Christian to love. I don't think Christianity has anything to do with love.

Americans are religious people, as a general comment, but that is changing. One day irreligious people will not be ostracized the way they are today. It is safer not to raise the issue in public but we shouldn't have to avoid it either.

Everyone can disagree with you and you can still be right. While it's important to recognize the concensus, if you have done your research and feel strongly about something, don't second guess yourself.

Those are the 3 issues you seem to raise in your post.

Spot on. As they lose members, influence and power, they have no choice but to express their frustration like thugs. They aren't burdened with 21st century morality, so violence is their first response. (Plus Putin funding the cracker nationalists.)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:708349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.