Agnostic.com

34 6

What are two things you would change in your life that you know would make it significantly better?.

I've been waking up with anxiety for the past two week. There are too many things I want to change, and when I get overwhelmed I just shut down. So today I took a mental health day to get some of my perceived chaos in order. First I need my living space organized. I spent too long yesterday trying to find my freaking headphones. Second I'm going to move a little bit more everyday, I've been sitting on my ass too much lately. Baby steps.

Stacey48 8 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Double my income and halve my temper.

My eyesight and my personality

What aspect of your personality would you like to change?

@Stacey48, @Trixie2You, I've never really liked me, so quite a bit of it. I'll keep the sarcasm though.

I have accepted my Life as it is... No Whinning and No Regrets. Grandma Raised No Bitches. When I Die... my goal is to accept Death the same way.

I would increase my faith in myself and decrease my reliance on others.

@Stacey48 Working on it. It's a process!

Cutting ties with family before they dicked me over financially

A little bit more money, and a female partner.

hmmmm, dumping our 4 major political parties and installing a new economic system would be a start for me.

@Stacey48 Unfortunately, changing Australia's parties won't help us Yanks. I'm afraid we'll have to do that on our own!

@phxbillcee But you could help us. if you don't need Obama any more, can we have him? He was here for the G7 Summit, we don't have any one close as far as being a true statesman goes. He addressed a group of students at one of our universities, my niece was there and she was suitably impressed, I listened to his speech, tactful, but honest.

Have the people who owe me money actually pay me, might then even have enough to install the new hot water system because the old one has been leaking like a sieve for the last 18 months ever since it took a lightning strike and therefore has to be turned off except when I am about to use it. Oh it would be nice to be able to wake up and just turn on a tap and have a hot shower, not go out in the cold turn on the water, turn on the power then wait till the puny 50 litres heats up.

Kimba Level 7 May 1, 2018
  1. Get rid of all my millions of dollars and hot chicks at my resort in cuba.

2. Turn in my membership to the liars club.

I would reduce my number of life goals to a few very important ones, and I would become more.methodical in how I pursue said goals.

Financial security. That would transform my life.

I would walk a mile a day and drink more water.

My bike and my car....

I'd gamble on different parents.

I'm with you on that one

I'm a 12-stepper so: learning how to let go of what you can't do anything about is huge. Try not to control what you can't control or how about: when you're in the forest just focus on one tree at a time.

trying to get my health in order (blood sugar issues, hypertension, etc). Overall, I'm pretty lucky - and I know it. But the health thing scares me sometimes.

Blood ? Hypertension? I'm not a doctor, but I've been there and solved that. Nothing to buy or ... two simple eating changes (but more exercise helps, too). 1. Eat only healthy natural foods, nothing processed, no additives, no chemicals, no added salt or in them or on them. That means almost anything from a can, box, restaurant, or factory is OUT of your life (except for salad bars). That also means no sodas, sugared or not. It mostly leaves you with healthy veggies, grains, and fruits just exactly as they come from the farm. And 2. No fatty meats (I eliminated all mammal products), meaning just fish, lean poultry, and other lean meats. Do those things and you're a LONG way toward putting your blood sugar and hypertension in order. It's called eating healthy. Who knew? I changed my whole health situation in the past 3 years with this and this alone, just as I was becoming diabetic. My unhealthy blood indicators reversed within a year. You can do this!

20/20 vision and fully working knees.
I have had both at various times in my life and enjoyed them immensely.

I would have never married my first husband and most importantly, I wouldn't have shared my opinions as often or so openly. Both would have made me better off financially.

Perhaps attending a few more social functions and spending a little less time on my mobile device.

Have a better paying job and a whole shit-load of things I would have done differently with my youngest.

I can't list just two.

Love and Wisdom

gater Level 7 May 1, 2018

My life is comparable to microwave popcorn. It has become a comfort letting it throw in that last kernel.

I was so career oriented that I missed out on a lot of things in life, I’d change my one track mind to allow for life to be enjoyed just a little more and work concentration just a little less.
I don’t know what else I’d change about myself, hmmm id have to think about it, for the most part it seems the twists and turns in life came with both good and bad and both had value.

A tiny house in the middle of nowhere (mountains). Fewer people, the better. I like the quiet and isolation where I can feed my creative side.

I also love solitude. Do you ever come up to the Asheville/mountains?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71060
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.