Agnostic.com

59 10

Religious friends keep sending me religious text?

I’ve noticed every time she send me a text message, she can’t say anything without mentioning her Christian religion or needing to remind me how Jesus loves me. She knows I don’t believe in Jesus Christ and she still sends messages like that. What should I do? I’ve mostly been ignoring her text messages cause I don’t want her to think she’s getting the best of me, but telling me something like that is like saying Edward Cullens love you. I’m convinced these are all acts of attempted manipulation, but I could be wrong. Tell me what you guys think. Leave your thoughts below.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I normally ignore those particularly to religion and appreciate those devoid of religion example motivational messages. Something that can make one thinks. When it happens so, they become happy for applauding them on that. Now, they don't send me religious messages anymore but inspirational messages, Love messages etc. I think they have realized it by themselves that my taste for religion is lacking in their perspective.

The entire universe is based on vibrational frequency. I believe any type of mental concentration is sending out vibrations some call it meditation, some prayer some call it king about you. All are positive and good. If someone tells me they are praying for me I always say thank you as I truly believe good vibrations are always positive.

Send her many atheists forwards....

Respond with witty texts like "Man is the measure in all things." Protagoras;
"I will not be pushed, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own." Patrick McGoohan;
"Even traveling at the speed of light, an ascending Jesus would still be in this galaxy." Joseph Campbell.

RichE Level 5 May 1, 2018

This one scream all over the place that you need new friends....

I’m getting some and just picked her off.

@EmeraldJewel best of luck

Yes I know I my middle child does it all.the time! I always overlook it! But I think actually think it is rude. wish u well.

Not seeing the texts themselves (I am, not asking to see them), I can't really say what her intent might be... other than agreeing with other comments that say she doesn't respect you in the same way that she expects others to respect her.

There was a comedian, I forget who, sho said that behind every "bless your heart" is a little "fuck you!", and I kind of agree with that.

If it were me, and I am glad it isn't, I'd think up snaky replies.
"Jesus loves me?",
Then why doesn't he ever text me himself?
I took out a restraining order, so tell Jesus to leave me alone.
He can't even cut my lawn right.
Funny, he's never even sent me a card on my birthday...

In the end she needs to understand that if she wants you to respect her beliefs, then she needs to respect your non-beliefs.

I have a couple friends who do the same. They know I don't believe in sky pixies but they send me that stuff anyway. It might be best to respond by telling them how special they are, then leave it at that.

If I had a friend who suddenly started texting me with god stuff I'd be worried about their sanity but all you can do is ignore it, it's all meaningless if well intended (I hope) If your friend really cares then cool, if there's a god component to that care I would suggest that you're not leaving anything behind that you need if you put a bit of distance between yourselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.