Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Ann Coulter Says Donald Trump and Fox News 'Lied' to Voters

(Never thought I'd like something coming from her.)

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter expressed her latest criticism against former President Donald Trump on Friday.

Coulter, once a vocal Trump supporter, turned against the former president during his White House tenure. She has also continued voicing criticisms about his effectiveness as he again runs in the 2024 GOP presidential primary and following the 2022 midterm elections, when Trump-endorsed candidates underperformed in key races across the country.

Following the midterms, the GOP has grappled with these losses. Republicans won only a narrow victory in the House of Representatives and lost ground in the Senate. Some Republicans have said that the party should move away from Trump, adding that his 2020 election fraud claims are toxic among moderate and swing voters.

Coulter said on Friday that Trump's election fraud claims cost Republicans a key governorship in Michigan, where Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer easily beat back a challenge from her Republican opponent, Tudor Dixon.

Coulter wrote on Twitter that Dixon had to parrot Trump's election fraud claims to win credibility among Republican voters during the primary election, but that her stance on the issue cost her in the general election.

"She lost because she REPEATEDLY said Trump won the 2020 election. Maybe she had to, to win the primary," Coulter tweeted.

She also questioned why Dixon would emphasize voter fraud during the competitive election, blaming Trump and Fox News personalities for pushing false election claims.
Newsweek subscription offers >

Since the 2020 presidential election, Trump has consistently said the election was stolen from him due to widespread voter fraud, despite a lack of substantial evidence, at rallies and media appearances. Several Fox News personalities also voiced skepticism about the election results on the network, despite a recent lawsuit alleging that they were privately skeptical about Trump's claims.

"But WHY would voters want her to say that???" Coulter asked in her Friday tweet. "Because Trump and Fox News lied to them."

Newsweek reached out to Fox News and Trump's office for comment.

Coulter has recently made other critical comments about Trump. During a recent appearance on the podcast Timecast IRL, she described the former president as "profoundly stupid."

"The one thing I didn't know when I wrote In Trump We Trust is how profoundly stupid he is," Coulter said. "I made very clear in the book the only thing he could do; we will forgive him for anything, and I defended him the day after the Access Hollywood *****grabbing tape came out. I was pedal-to-the-metal defending him. I said we'll forgive him for anything unless you betray us on immigration. Guess what? He did."

snytiger6 9 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At least not all republicans are complete morons. They can see some of the light at end of the tunnel.

AnneCoulter can be a bit moronic and/or nuts. In fact she is most of the time. In fact I was very surprised that she had this moment of sane clarity.

Maybe she had to, to win the primary," Coulter tweeted.

Duh. Sometimes you just get what you want.

You helped, bitch...or should i say, drowned rat jumping ship.......

Well from the video on that site she’s throwing in with Desantis and even in your quote we have :

“I said we'll forgive him for anything unless you betray us on immigration. Guess what? He did."

So she’s not only ranting about immigration but alleging Trump betrayed the MAGAts on that. I wonder how he flip-flopped on immigration?

Sure it’s great when conswervative nutters backpedal on Trump (imitating sanity briefly), but then…well…they are still so repugnant themselves. Ann Coulter will still be a horrible person.

Exactly. And that is also why I feel the same about all the turncoat former Repubs that MSNBC keeps hiring and trotting out on its own programs of propaganda defending the Dem Party and bashing the Repubs. Because all of those former Repubs they have appear on their shows and promote the Dem Party over the Repubs, still have the same views as the Repubs on economic policy, war, and foreign policy, tho they never talk about those issues and admit how much they still agree with their former pals in the GOP on those issues. Nor do they have or express any remorse for having supported the Repubs in the past. But as long as they bash the Repubs on the identity politics and culture war stuff, they are serving their purpose for the network and the Dem Party, even if they are still just as conservative on the above issues I mentioned that actually affect most people's lives, that matter way more than the non-economic stuff, etc.

Gee, I wonder if there's a reason why MSNBC never hires or puts on the air any true progressives or former Dem Party pols or operatives that are actually lefty on any issues that are economic or involving taxes, foreign policy or war? I think I already answered my own ?, as nobody openly critical of what Nader calls the duopoly, will ever be appearing on MSNBC, Fox News, or CNN.

@TomMcGiverin She may be a hateful bitch, but she is slightly smarter than other prominent republicans, in that she sees that DeSantis has a much better chance of winning than Trump.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:711602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.