Agnostic.com

96 7

How long...?

How long have you gone being celibate?

LouRaven 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

17 years . from birth

I'm taking the 5th.

3 years

4 years and counting!

734 days

It's been too long. Way longer than 1 year.

Probably about 10 months.

Have been celebrate for 7 years

3 to 4 years, lost somebody to a drunk driver and the association was just too painful. Also a lot of guilt because I had my own demons of drugs and self destruction to resolve.

Long enough to have given up hope of ever holding a woman again.

Why would anyone be celibate?

You make a good point. Isaac Newton was as well - both highly productive and a bit crazy later in life also. I'm not sure the tradeoff would be worth it for me, however.

@ejbman there is strong evidence that both of those men were gay, not celibate.

@rohano Really? Interesting. I had not heard. It was my understanding that Newton proudly proclaimed he was a virgin on his deathbed. He was also very religious. He may have been Gay AND celibate, of course.

@ejbman if you were alive in a time when your preference got you executed in your country, you'd claim virginity, too. There's tons of dialogue about this and it has become the accepted interpretation of his biography

Yikes! I try not to think about this very often because it's depressing. Over 6 years, not sure exactly how long, maybe 7 years. I had crippling social anxiety for the better part of my 20s and early 30s before seeking treatment.

3 years after my wife died

6 months. Right now I'm at a month and hate it but at the same time, not ready to be with anybody.

Kanda Level 5 May 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing
It is an interesting and educational process
I think

I understand, I’m at 3 years.

@Amcnew that was a month ago when I posted. I'm at almost two weeks now but seeing that guy again this weekend. ?

11 months, there about. I'm practicing celibacy and believe it'll be for life. Turns out, there's a thing called asexual. Found the discription to be super helpful knowing what the hell my feelings towards sex actually was. Not a fan. Also, now I have so much room for activities not related to finding a mate. I learned idgaf what's "more attractive" while experimenting with my look. Also, my interests arn't tailored or censored to impress anyone. Like fuck you if a grown woman can't like makeup and videogames. Something else I found out is the quality of conversion and debate go way up when a dudes not trying to fuck you. Seriously, being challenged as a peer makes interactions actually something to look forward too.

Thank you for sharing
Yep! Asexual is a thing
Not for me however
But I find celibacy is helpful to become more mindful and disective

Senior citizen here who enjoys multiplayer FPS. Battlefield franchise highly addictive.

14 months. Currently at 6 months and it's no bueno. But my life's got too much baggage to try to add sex into the mix just yet. I need to find a decent battery operated boyfriend and get on with life.

Thank you for sharing
No bueno in some ways
But
Si bueno in others
I’m my opinion

12+ years now....was married for 14....so most of the marriage was without sex....I just hated it. It probably made it easier that I don't have orgasms. It kinda sucks on all levels.

As long as your are content
Life is what we make of it
Thank you for sharing

Over 3 years.

12 months max.

If I count the beginning of my life, 19 years because of religious reasons. I then realized I was an atheist and started living a little more because I stopped feeling guilt about it.

Ya, no. I'll pass on that celibacy thing.

Emme Level 7 May 2, 2018

The act, or the admission?

@ghettophilosopher
Here ya go:
16 years ago, I chose celibacy for 1 year. Happy?

@Emme If I in some way made you feel pressured to answered the question, it wasn’t my intent and I apologize. It was just a ham fisted attempt at light humor. Again, I’m sorry.

@ghettophilosopher
I'm so NOT at all offened?

Alright!

Currently, about a year. Meh.

Every time I masturbate I lose count and have to start over.

Huuumm!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.