Agnostic.com

96 7

How long...?

How long have you gone being celibate?

LouRaven 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

8 years. I watched my husband die of cancer for a couple of years. Then lost several loved ones in a short period of time. I was diagnosed with cancer and dealt with that. I masturbated but had no interest in finding a bed partner. Life was a lot simpler before.
One day, it was like walking out of a fog and every time I got close to a male, I literally started to vibrate. I’m sexually active again but sometimes wish I didn’t desire that kind of closeness. Life was a lot

Iffy Level 5 May 2, 2018

Longer than I wanted.

Isn't that always the case?

3 years once!! To be honest it is a good thing to do imo.. by choice.

70 years. Voluntarily.

skado Level 9 May 2, 2018

@Akfishlady Yep.

@skado Isaac Newton lived a life without sex. He called it his greatest accomplishment.

Six years. When my daughter was an adolescent and teenager, I stopped dating. I didn't want a series of men in and out of her life.

When she began dating at age 16, I began dating again.

Yeah know that one, it was easier when raising kids not to confuse things or complicate our lives, so just focused on child raising for a few years.

I honestly do not remember when the last time I had a partner in the bedroom. I remember who it was. Seems like maybe 3 years.

A year so far. But I take care of myself.

Around fifteen years. Arriving at the start was complicated - caused by wife running up credit card debt leaving us over £32,000 in debt (but only discovered this once finished employment that brought in £3,500 a month - income on retirement dropped to less than £12,000 a YEAR!) The debt had 'accumulated' over a period of some ten years but she never once expressed any concern - and in case anyone gets any wrong ideas, her silence was NOT because she was scared of me for I am not physically violent (unless as a matter of self-defence) and have never struck a woman in all of my 77 years and, to cover all bases (as my American friends might say) I have never applied 'psychological cruelty' either; it's not who I am. My affection for my wife was put on a back burner that slowly went out and any passion cooled until frozen. It was not the debt; money can always (eventually) be repaid, it was all those years of deceit and only revealing the problem when my income was greatly reduced. My most immediate concern was if one of our cats required medical attention resulting in a large vet bill and this nightmare occurred some eighteen months later: at that moment I actually hated her (the hate did not last long - just a sudden 'flash' because she had placed me in this terrible position, and it had cooled by the following day as I concentrated on fixing the situation. Circumstances and some hectic negotiations meant we were able to save our little cat) Of course, there is much more that I could write. We are still together but the relationship is more akin to that of brother and sister. It was tough going over twelve years but, three years ago, we finally became 'debt free' (HA! Bet you didn't expect that lot, did you?)

@beansontoast So funny it is you are.

So did you have sex to celebrate? (Is this what this post is about? I've forgotten?)

HAha! From 1994 to 2009.

Too long!

After my divorce I think I went about 3-4 months. Probably the longest I've ever gone since I became sexually active.

Almost 3 months.

Mea Level 7 May 2, 2018

Who said I was celibate. You been reading my mail?

If I can have a memorable experience every couple of years, its worth the wait. I can really get so much more out of a meaningful relationship than using or abusing some other person with BS. No Drugs or Alcohol are used. Just good old soul connect and meaningful exchanges of open honesty. Most people have never gone the road and spend their time in short fused episodes that didn't work then and will never have any meaning.

About 4 weeks now. ????☹

about 3 1/2 years. Just remember that sex is a lot like oxygen.......It's not that important till you can't get any.

you get too much and it gets you high, not enough and you're gunna die. Oh wait, that's love, well I think they got it wrong. Yeah, it's sex.

Can't talk right now.....

What about you @LouRaven?

6 years. Involuntarily.

Long enough to have given up hope of ever holding a woman again.

12+ years now....was married for 14....so most of the marriage was without sex....I just hated it. It probably made it easier that I don't have orgasms. It kinda sucks on all levels.

As long as your are content
Life is what we make of it
Thank you for sharing

Over 3 years.

12 months max.

Currently, about a year. Meh.

A year and still counting

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.