Agnostic.com

96 7

How long...?

How long have you gone being celibate?

LouRaven 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

96 comments (76 - 96)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

24 hrs now, phew ! It is a lifetime ?

Who said I was celibate. You been reading my mail?

currently almost 2 weeks, recent years quite a few moths at a time, in life, well, it has gone into years, over a decade, almost 2 even.

1.2 months,as wife has been sick

too long... i'm not used to such a hiatus... but i can handle it... but a handle on things is not quite like the real thing on my thingy.

About three years.

1-2 months

Been a bit over 3 years now

Not by choice.

10 years

17 years . from birth

I'm taking the 5th.

3 years

4 years and counting!

734 days

It's been too long. Way longer than 1 year.

Probably about 10 months.

3 to 4 years, lost somebody to a drunk driver and the association was just too painful. Also a lot of guilt because I had my own demons of drugs and self destruction to resolve.

Why would anyone be celibate?

You make a good point. Isaac Newton was as well - both highly productive and a bit crazy later in life also. I'm not sure the tradeoff would be worth it for me, however.

@ejbman there is strong evidence that both of those men were gay, not celibate.

@rohano Really? Interesting. I had not heard. It was my understanding that Newton proudly proclaimed he was a virgin on his deathbed. He was also very religious. He may have been Gay AND celibate, of course.

@ejbman if you were alive in a time when your preference got you executed in your country, you'd claim virginity, too. There's tons of dialogue about this and it has become the accepted interpretation of his biography

3 years after my wife died

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.