Agnostic.com

1 2

My way of expressing that the word "god", as created by man, can be used with impunity to describe anything we want it to mean.

fishline79 7 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Beautiful! You have great finger picking chops! Nice song, too.

Thank you. I think it is the rapid chord changes. The chord changes on every beat and, on a six string it wouldn't be as "dramatic", The twelve string makes it sound much fuller.

@fishline79 Yes. I like a 12-string, but stick with my 6- string, since I do so many different tunings. It sounds nice and full on yours. BTW, I do a lot of cover songs as well as originals. Would you mind terribly if I covered your song some night? Of course, I'd give you credit!

@Organist1 Which one do you like. I sent two today. The other one was on "Philosophy and Meaning" and it's a better song, and might suit you better. I don't write music so I have no sheet music, but my dear, you can cover any song you want. I've been waiting for forty years to hear somebody singing one of my songs! I never sold a song and I guess I never will. All I ask is that, if you do, maybe you could video it. I performed in Spain for nearly twenty years on six and twelve string Some songs just lend themselves to 12 string. I never learned to play keyboard so my studio recordings (first 5 albums) were the only ones in which I used studio musicians, so they have tracks with keyboard. On the rest, I played everything. If you look at my website you can listen to samples of 63 songs. Be my guest, and if you want the lyrics or chords, just send me a message. davidfishel.net...fishline79@yahoo.com PS: Naturally, if you want to record anything, you would need permission.

mean@fishline79 Thanks. I haven't listened to "Philosophy and Meaning" yet. It's been a long, busy day. I'll give a listen soon. BTW, I'm a pretty decent keyboard player, if you need one. I'm actually looking for more people to play with. Having been a Classical musician most of my life, I reacquainted myself with the guitar and a few other instruments during the pandemic. A few friends and I started busking down by the Swarthmore train station. With the help of the mayor of Swarthmore, it turned into something we do a lot of now. There's a local place where we do open mics. My finger picking style is fairly simlilar to yours. My songs also have some religious and philosophical overtones, with a wry twist. I haven't gotten around to posting on YouTube, though that's next. I need good recording equipment. Thank again for posting your songs! BTW, my sister is a professional philosopher.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:714740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.