Agnostic.com

1 4

GOP & NRA Hand in hand...

#GOP #NRA
snytiger6 9 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because those that give up the right to defend themselves always have such a stellar outcome.

Good luck selling that story...

So…poverty wouldn’t exist if the poor were armed to the teeth?

But that’s just a spin-off fantasy from the good ol’ boys who believe CosPlay weekend militias could take down well-equipped, highly trained and organized government forces. You know, like they did in Ruby Ridge and Waco. Good luck selling that fantasy, Homer.

@NostraDumbass

Do you think North Korea and China (to name only a few) would routinely pull families out of their homes and throw them in prison camps if they were? I’d guess fewer journalists in those (and many other countries) would commit suicide if they owned a firearm too.
Governments weigh their battles based on ease among other things. And if a government foreign or domestic decided to use big guns; you’re comfortable being empty handed?

@CourtJester If families in China and North Korea were armed, and resisted their gov’t, they would be pulled out of their houses in body bags; the way it went down in Waco and Ruby Ridge in other words. So, if you think an ad hoc people’s militia would intimidate gov’t forces arrayed against them, then you are officially delusional. In fact, this type of militant activity is much more likely to put you on the government’s radar than scare them off. But if you have a martyr complex, then go for it, I guess.

@NostraDumbass

I take it that you never had the balls to join the military.

A law maker said several years ago that if a woman is tapers, she can’t stop it, so she should just lay down and take it. You sound like that kind of weak individual.

@CourtJester What would you tell a person of colour who was being accosted by the police? Should he fight back? Is he weak if he doesn’t?

As for the woman being raped (I think is what you meant) that is a completely different story. She is being attacked and has the right to defend herself against a violent criminal. But if she is being arrested the worst thing she could do is fight back (even if completely innocent), because that would escalate the situation and probably not end well for her. If you can’t see the difference, then you are hopelessly obtuse.

@NostraDumbass

I would absolutely tell them to fight back. If they have committed a crime and then decide to fight the office, I cheer on the officer removing them from society in the quickest possible way as well.

You can't make the criminal the victim when they get what they deserve though either.

@CourtJester So you’re telling me the authorities have the right to respond with lethal force if they encounter aggressive resistance from a suspect. Like what happened in Ruby Ridge and Waco? Then why does the far right turn THOSE criminals into victims? Why do GOP politicians sympathize with Jan. 6th rioters and visit them in prison? But I guess you guys are only tough on crime when it involves the underclass, huh?

@NostraDumbass

Because the police had limitations based on private property. I don't know enough about either case to argue it, but from what I understand the government did overreach in those cases. But I could be wrong too. In both cases I was pretty young and in school. I was preoccupied with tests, studying for ACTs, hunting, and girls.

There is a very big difference between the police or government agency entering your property with a warrant and how and why that warrant was obtained, and someone stealing from a store, fighting the police when they show up, and ending up shot or paralyzed because they wouldn't answer a question or two and went straight at fighting the police.

Trayvon Martin would still be here if he didn't attack George Zimmerman and I'm okay with one less criminal attacking people on the street. Zimmerman is free today because he acted within his legal rights.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:716708
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.