Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Intolerant Liberals?

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” ― Isaac Asimov​

Jellifish1 5 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Liberals do tend to be intolerant of ignorance, irrationality, distortion, half-truths, and outright lies and propaganda -- as all educated people should be! Those are the enemies of democracy, tolerance, and widsom.

Yeah, I dated a guy (how?? I don't even know anymore, tbh) who was seriously sore and salty about "elitist" liberals. Our first major fight came out of my saying that I didn't have time for people who insist upon persisting in their ignorance, don't fact-check, aren't open to learning new information, etc.--and his taking exception to that position.

I once gave him the above quote--and he defended the legitimicy of ignorance! I should have broken it off with him right then. After that fiasco of "open-mindedness" and "acceptance", I will never trust myself to date again.

Well they do say that ignorance is bliss...? lol It sounds like he used it to justify being an asshole.

What a great article! The most recent example of Right Wing double standards is all the hand wringing and teeth nashing over the comedy presentation at the Correspondents Dinner and a comment about Sarah Huckabees eye shadow, which was not the actual punch line of the joke. Those making the most noise are voters and supporters of a man that mocked a disabled reporter, called a female primary opponent ugly, makes fun of people's stature, perspiration, family connection and none of it in a comedic way, in a comedy venue. The Right finds this kind of evil humor from their president perfectly acceptable.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:71799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.