Agnostic.com

8 1

Dating Thoughts

If this site became more about dating would that be a bad thing or a good thing or just another thing?

• 2 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 7 votes
paul1967 8 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is it not already a site where we can meet and talk to like minded people? I fear if it becomes something else many (probably most of the members are already in a relationship) will drop out and we will lose a lot of valuable information.

I agree, however, if they made it separate but connected via a link, I think it could be beneficial. Being able to read multiple posts from someone you're attracted to physically adds something I've never seen before on a dating site. Not only is my physical requirements being met but more importantly I get to learn about who they are emotionally and intellectually in a more comprehensive way than a standard dating site

I agree that it's nice to have a community-first focus and let people interact with other nonbelievers. Gives people who are feeling like they are on an island surrounded by religiosity a little reprieve. That being said, I would certainly appreciate a more clearly defined section for dating - especially if there were more people from my area (Kansas/Missouri) on here.

Agreed - I think this is a good site for this, since people can get to know each other before showing interest.

Was the site created for the explicit case of potential dates or for interesting civil discourse?

SamL Level 7 Oct 8, 2017

It's going to be more of a dating site eventually. One feature I like is reading the posts made by someone I might be attracted to. You learn more about who they really are reading what they say and that can be a huge advantage when deciding if that person is a good fit.

An app would be nice! Plus why do some of my pics not rotate properly. The dating section would be nice but where I'm located in SC it would bring up very few results.

I'm interested in a dating aspect, but wary of the negging and dick pics that sent me running from other sites.

That would be unfortunate if this site turned into a trashy dating site, but so far we have a group of relatively diverse people who all seem to be very willing to discuss topics without being hostile. Which on the surface has nothing to do with dick pics but my feeling is that these type of people tend to be less dick pic kind of people. I hope it stays that way.

That would be so welcome

Indeed lol 😉

the site still seems pretty new, i don't think anyone here really has an idea as to what the site is supposed to be for yet

I hope you're not being sarcastic 😉

The basic plan is to build credibility in the atheist community first and built out the dating features in the next few weeks. It appears about 80% of new members have said their "open for dating" so we have to make it happen! Thanks!

haha, i meant more in the sense that theres an identity to the feel of the group yet, so far it just feels like a bunch of people posting and trying to figure out who everyone is

I fell for this site thinking it's primarily for pleasant intellectual banter where academics will express their thoughts in the best layman's terms they know of while we mere mortals try to express ourselves the usual way - honest, no pretensions.

The dating and romance aspect will surely come naturally if we participate regularly in the questions and answers and interact, follow-up on issues and comments in a civil and ethical manner. This is not the site for hare-brained guys or the brash and the arrogant.

Funny, but I call my being in here as "trying to make both ends meet."

But it seems we're rapidly being inundated by those who join here on the prowl looking for owners of a lonely heart ready merciless to pounce upon the victims.

It's turning into a site for scumbags and a haven for scammers

I want there to be a place on this site where people can find other like-minded people, but I don't want it to become just another dating site.

Yeah, this is not a dating site for the hare-brained

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:725
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.