Agnostic.com

12 2

LINK Here we go.. will this office serve non religious Americans?

“Prayer has always been at the center of the American life. America is a nation of believers, and together we are strengthened by the power of prayer,” Trump said, calling faith “more powerful than government,” and adding “nothing is more powerful than God.”

Humanlove 7 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Better yet will it serve witches or satanists? The United Hurm of Satan is looking more and more interesting.

CS60 Level 7 May 4, 2018

I wonder if he listens to the preacher’s sermon when he goes to church. Or does he sleep.

Looks to me like the Orange One is setting the stage here. The very idea of what they have in mind scares the crap out of me.
Some things come across as good. Hobby Lobby had some religious items from Iraq mislabeled and sent to them. When ICE found out about it the items are being returned. Chances are these items were supposed to go to the misnamed Museum of the Bible in DC.

That's frightening. He's clearly saying non believers don't count.

Maybe in this case, but he has already clearly said that nobody but him counts--many times.

Let's all join the Church of Satan! Statues of Baphomet in every school!

@TheMiddleWay Your comments sounds antagonistic. Who are YOU serving?

@TheMiddleWay I don't fly with the spaghetti monster or satan. I'm not going to manipulate this office. It seems hypocritical to me to do that.

I don't care about all this nonsense regarding who it serves or doesn't serve. It is another small opening for the religious wedge to get shoved in just a little farther.

Hmmmm, I wonder if he really believes that statement that he made.

Of course he does not, he is actually becoming a real politician now......which sucks because a lot of people voted for him only because he wasn't one.

He will say, do, believe anything that benefits him.

Of course not!

The evangelists have him from the short and curlies!

these assholes.

We need to vote Pubs out and start impeachment in Nov.

No - they'll be crucified - consigned to hell on earth

The creation of this office violates the US Constitutional foundation. So will we see American Moslems accessing it too?

@TheMiddleWay a the U.S. government has no business serving ANY religion. This is just Trumps way of pandering to evangelicals in the face of Mueller 's investigation. The right figures they can control all access to abortion, I would bet, once they gain access to federal power. It's another assault on the civil rights of non-believers and those who practice minority religions, who are likely to get trampled in this situation

OF COURSE NOT! (He must be really nervous....sucking up to the religious right like this.)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:72848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.