Agnostic.com

15 3

How do you property blaspheme the holy spirit?

Matthew 12:31-32 says, "And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right!

ScubaWags 7 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You don't. Just ignore it.

Trod Level 5 July 17, 2019

It’s Matthew! You don’t have to pay any attention to Matthew just enjoy the drama. Best bible book EVer!

I always saw this as a catch-all that different religions can use to put anybody that disagrees with them in their place. The church I attended was prone to assert it was apostasy and I am a proud apostate.

gearl Level 8 May 15, 2019

On easter, my friends would have a party where the theme was corruption of religious symbols, for example "The Great Easter Egg Cunt", copying pages from coloring books and modifying the images. Drinking the "blood", playing spin the cross, etc. Conflation with pop culture for outrageous effect. It was quite enjoyable, with much laughter.

If you can blaspheme against Jesus (the Son of Man) and cannot blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, I guess that means the idea of the Trinity is not possible.

One Bible commentator wrote on the subject of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, "There is a kind of willful, determined, settled opposition to God and his Spirit." [desiringgod.org]

Religious commentary is usually written vaguely, like much of the Bible. What is the Holy Spirit? I'm not sure, but maybe God's power? But my best interpretation is that you have to say things like, "that god damned Holy Spirit" or, "that Holy Spirit is an ass hole" or, "God's power is stupid" a bunch of times and really mean it.

The Holy Spirit and his 2 counterparts can go micturate up a rope. There, I've done it and can never be forgiven. However, as a former Christian, I can never be erased from the book written by the Blood of the Lamb. I guess I am in some sort of phantom zone now.

Oh damn, I never thought about that. I also am written in that book... Well crap. I guess I'll hang out with you in the phantom zone.

I don't believe in any of it.

I've always thought that the holy spirit was when the people in church (or whatever) get into the zone -- by this I mean, while they can't define it, phrases like -- "You must have faith." begin to take on a life of their own and they're in the zone. Everyone does it: movie theaters -- we all jump, even if only in our minds, when something jumps out. I call it the herd instinct (like cows watching a passing train). They all act / react identically. Most Christians religious leaders even call it 'flock'.

Silly magic words for gullible and childish minds.

Athos Level 5 May 4, 2018

Seems to be pretty self explanatory to me.

Simplest solution is to just swear a lot using the lord's name. Example: Jesus Fucking Christ!

Goddamn it! I forgot about that Holy Spirit fucker. I guess I'm doomed!

I simply say those doctrines are false😉

Buy a church and set it on fire?

I buy the lake property next to the church and call it Holy Water Lake.

godef Level 7 May 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73029
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.