Agnostic.com

7 0

Tattoos and religious friends/family?

Tattooed people! Have you ever dealt with friends and family who didn't approve of your tattoos, specifically citing religious reasons? How did you/do you handle that?

hammerhead 5 Oct 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely I have had a couple cousins and an Aunt who are still practicing christians tell me I'm going to hell for the several demons and skulls I have woven into both quarter sleeves of my arms. I delt with the same I deal with most topics I have no interest in. Heavy sarcasm.

My dad, the least religious person in my family besides me, was seriously unhappy when I got my first tattoo. He accepts that I have them but he doesn't like them. I'm pretty sure the rest of my family all have at least one tattoo 🙂

Can't say anyone has ever said anything to me about my tattoos, but i guess if someone did i'd simply tell them that everyone these days does something the bible says is wrong. Then point out something they probably do as well.

Tejas Level 8 Oct 5, 2017

I tell them that the people who have been the kindest, most generous, and loving toward me have had tattoos, or have been supportive of skin art. Conversely the meanest people in my life did not approve of tattoos. I just share that tidbit of information, and turn the tables on them.

Jayd Level 2 Oct 5, 2017

love and forgiveness

I've said "you can pray for me I guess, but I think they're permanent" and "if there actually is a hell, the tattoos are going to be the least of my problems"

I'm legit considering a little devil tattoo just make heads explode a bit.

"Well, when you start paying my salary, then you talk to me about my tattoos."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.