Agnostic.com

14 7

I've been debating on leaving the site because of some of the judgemental comments I've been receiving.

I know I'm not emotionally strong right now, but I'm having a hard time replying and reading the "TMI" and judgmental comments people have been making on my posts. They haven't read the series of posts that lead up to the good news post. Can some of you keep those comments to yourself please? I need very little stress right now, and more support. My family isn't supporting me, and I don't have many friends close to me who do support me. Thank you for listening. I'll make my decision later when I'm not so emotional.

Sarahroo29 8 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sarah, I'm hearing from other 20 and 30 something here whom I like and admire that they're experiencing the same things you do. Here's my hope for all the 20 and 30somethings who are especially sensitive people, who are HURT by neglect and personal jibes from others: I get it, I was in your shoes. I ran for years, first from my own family of origin and then out into a calloused world, from job to job and ultimately never comfortable with community, always looking for a place to accept me, always hopeless, knowing there was no place that would accept me, that there was something WRONG with me. But, we are NOT over-sensitive, we are PROPERLY sensitive. We are the ones who get it RIGHT.
At 40 my partner died but before he died he gave me a gift, unconditional love. What I learned from him is that the WORLD is a fucked up place, there was nothing wrong with me except that I internalized all of the world's meanness as if I was the problem.
It's not about getting hard or calloused yourself. It's about embracing who you are as a sensitive person, loving yourself and accepting yourself and learning to hold your own ground while you learn to walk your walk and talk your talk, give to others as you become stronger. The WORLD is a fucked up place. We are not.
My hope for 20s and 30s who are sensitive is that you let your sensitive you float to the surface and prevail. We are the ones who have a vision for a kindler, gentler future, more thoughtful. I've learned to elbow self-aggrandizers out of the way, prejudice out of the way. I've learned to stand my ground while being an advocate for others.
Give yourself the unconditional love you can't find in this truly insane world. And try not to run. Every community will be the same. Here you can grow and change and adapt in ways that are effective. But, love your core, don't give up on your core YOU.
Me on a soapbox sharing my experience! 😉

Thank you! I took a day to myself yesterday. I stayed off of here until the late afternoon. I'm going to make coffee now. I found almond roca creamer.

I'm sorry to hear you've received such comments, and I hope I never said anything on your posts that
ever made you feel uncomfortable. Can't say I blame you for feeling that way, I've observed some rather hostile actions on here, and yesterday found out that one of my posts had been removed without even being notified of such. I've considered leaving from here myself. Take care in the meantime Sarah.

It's a community like all others. Now that spring is here, I'm out in my garden more and will be here less. My hope is that you will float in and out of this site if you go, keep your online friends posted on how you're doing. You are a worthwhile person with a lot of substance to share. Your well-being matters. 😉

Thank you. I'll stay here.

Why don't you start to answer / comment on those post that you say judge you? STATING YOUR POINT/S would be a way to build a positive feeling for yourself.

Okay.

I for one hope you stay

I just needed most of the day to be off of here. I needed time to myself. I feel better now. I had a good day. I did my grocery shopping and I treated myself to a video game. I used my gift card and got a 3DS "Sims 3" video game. I also went to the Asian market and got some Asian noodles and drinks. I love the yogurt aloe vera drinks. I got some White Rabbit milk candy to share with others around me. Oooh and I got mango mochi.

When you're cut, we bleed. Happy for you when the news is good, sad for you when it's not.

Thanks.

Please reconsider leaving. Ignore the ignorant and focus on the positive. If there are other sites that you belong to that are stressful, delete them. I can help you if you want. I am a great listener.

Only this site. FB is too boring for me. I found almond roca creamer today. I can't wait to try it.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Many of us want to see you prosper.

Deb57 Level 8 May 5, 2018

Thanks. I educated myself on HSV-1 and 2 a little while ago. I had a good day today.

You need to be who you are. To hell with anyone that doesn’t like it.

Thanks.

Stay on the site and just block the asshats. I love how open you are. I wish I could put my self out there like you do

Okay.

Personally, I love how you post openly and freely about your situations, while working things through. To me, that's being a twenty to thirty something who's trying to make sense of the world. You are genuine and without bullshit or ulterior motives. I don't always read, but, I ALWAYS think 'there's roo, fighting the good fight'.
Take the nuggets that are useful and discard the others. Some comments are not meant to offend and posters might not realize you are vulnerable. You could start your posts with 'feeling vulnerable about this' and 'useful and supportive comments only please'. Then ignore anything that isn't. Just remember that when you make public what you're feeling/thinking, you open the door to comment.
Have you thought about posting to the mental health forums until you feel more 'emotionally strong'? You might get better support there.
ALSO grow with each post. Internalize the helpful comments, learn from them, become less dependent on what others say. HUGS!

Thank you. I will take your advice and post in the mental health group.

@Sarahroo29 I'm glad and go forward shedding shame or anger or hurt. Go forward with a sense of self-discovery! Own your right to be an authentic you, roo!

@crazycurlz Okay, thanks.

@JustKip Look under groups and it's called, "Mental Health Support." Click join.

@crazycurlz You raise a solid point, but can't say I blame Sarah for feeling that way, I too have noticed the same thing.

@SpikeTalon hope you'll read my comment above.

The internet is full of trolls. People who can remain anonymous and attack others only because they can Not because they have any good alternative points to make. I haven't been seeing that on this site but I sure see it on alot of other ones including facebook.

I'll take a break from here, thanks.

You raise an interesting point (can the be raised?). Over the years I wrote to several news papers asking people to concentrate on issues rather than attacking the promoter of a different viewpoint. Unfortuately our culture is cobbled together by those who find it easier to undermine people's credibility rather than knitting a good argument. Just don't worry!!!

nice perspective!

Okay. I will take a break.

Just block these people, don't leave

I'll take a break.

You are never going to be without judgement. please only yourself. If you are happy here, by all means stay.

I'll take a break.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:73887
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.