Agnostic.com

17 4

Love and hate

If every action has an equal and opposite reaction,does love generate hate? Does hate generate love?

McVinegar 8 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Overated emotions

I love donuts and l hate it when l can't find them. I guess it does. Not so sure about that second part.

@AmiSue My sincere apology. I was being thoughtless.

The answer is no to both questions.

Familiarity breeds contempt, as they say.

You can't apply Newton's Laws of Motion to self-help manuals.

Aren't love and hate emotions rather than the scientific terminology for actions?

Spot on !!!

The opposite of both love and hate is apathy

GwenC Level 7 May 5, 2018

People confuse love with interest it depends what the definition of love is for the individual. Once you’re not getting what you want out of that person then it turns into hate.

Love and hate have a relationship like light and darkness. One obviates the other--but not the other way around.

I always put love against fear (not hate) seems to me Love is an absence of fear not hate .

I wouldn't say generate. I would say that opposites define each other. You cannot love without knowing hate -- doesn't mean the same person. The same is true in reverse. We learn about both as children watching people around us. It is a part of the programming we all receive as we grow.

No. In my experience love creates more love, and hate creates more hate.

The action/reaction thing is a physical phenomenon. It can be observed and measured. Love and hate- not so much.

The opposite of Love isn't Hate and vice versa, it is indifference. Love and Hate are both powerful emotional responses towards someone or something. The opposite would be to have no emotional response whatsoever.

I think that Newton's third law applies to Motion not emotion!

Athos Level 5 May 9, 2018

I think that the opposite of Love is Fear but you might be able to separate them if they are not equal If I love 75 per cent and fear 25 per cent? I am an absolute eejit in maths so feel free to mock!

I think you're confusing science with emotion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.