Agnostic.com

75 12

Jesus loves you? What does it mean to you?

I was just thinking about this cause I still have people telling me this pointless thing and I am convinced people have to tell themselves and others that cause life is hard and they need to always feel like someone is watching over them and love them. I’ve had to block people cause I’ve had religious friends texting me stuff like that or asking me things like ,” Have I talked to Jesus today. I should talk to him cause he love me.” Lol I know it’s quite pathetic! What do you guys think? The whole quote to me is just pointless.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jesus loves me? I don’t recall ever having been to a Mexican gay bar...

Lol

Who?

You know. The man that came back from the dead three days later.

@EmeraldJewel yes he only gave up his weekend 😛

@Andyg17 lol sounds like many of us today! Not a real sacrifice.

@EmeraldJewel oh, you mean Spock?

Santa Claus loves me too, at least he brings me tangible gifts.

At least Santa is what made most of our childhood, but we came to understand he didn’t exist at a reasonable age.

@EmeraldJewel fuck you mean Santa isn't real?!

@boholbrook Hate to break it to you this way. Welcome to reality with the rest of us.

Who's Santa?

Yes, Jesus stalks me, yes Jesus stalks me, the bible told me so.

Lmfao! I’ve been getting a kick out of reading these comments.

A 2000 year old dead Jewish carpenter wants to tell em that?

Lol I like it!

I'm not sure even how good a carpenter he was really. I haven't seen many posts of the stunning kitchens he turned out. I could show him some work my grandfather turned out. Maybe he never finished his apprenticeship this jesus as he went fishing with his mates too often

I'm sure my boss will tell me this tomorrow, "jesus loves you." I send her atheist memes that are offensive.

Hahaha!

@EmeraldJewel Lol.

It means he and his representatives want to fuck me!

LOL

Hahaha

Some gay dude wants my number ?

(: hahahahaha

He doesn't phone, write or email. Not once has he remembered my birthday or popped round with a few beers.

Jesus doesn't love me.

If anything he's a bit self obsessed with all the "Look at me, there's 3 of me! I'm me, my Dad & Casper over there" and his "I died for your sins and was raised 3 days later...ok, I gave up my weekend for your sins.

Jesus really needs to get over himself.

"He doesn't phone, write, or email,"

But he does answer knee mail lol

Well, you could just bow your head and close your eyes, then start talking to yourself. You get away with it if you are religious. If not, then you are nuts.
BTW, how do peeps know that Jesus loves you?

Especially after reading some of the things he taught. Wanting people to hate family and if it was otherwise, they couldn’t be his disciples.

It’s an excuse to keep believing in Christianity and give it all the credit Regardless of your hard work.

Exactly!

That's like when people ask me if I know Jesus, and I then ask which one.... Jesus Garcia, Jesus Figueroa, Jesus Santamaria? Btw, your saying it wrong.... It's hay-soooooos!

Like some comedian once said, "If Jesus was Jewish, why the Puerto Rican name?

I got so sick of this and people saying "God is love" that I made this meme to send back at them

Now that should be in every humans, notebook

Imaginary people can't love you. Just ignore the fools.

IKR.

Is this the reason so many priests are pediphiles? When they were little kids it was ok to accept that a magical nomad loves them

I was just thinking that a few months ago.

It means to the religious that it is true of course, to the non religious blah blah blah, i just say all that do feel good about themselves love themselves and necessarily don't need Jesus or Superman, Wonder Woman or any other deity too love them to get thru life

I really wouldn't mind a wonder woman, don't take my dream away 😟

"Jesus loves you" is another way of saying "You're a loser."

Yep!

Jesus is your Shepard.

He looks after you until it’s slaughter time.

I agree
Most of them are brainwashed and havent even read there bible...

You are correct. Most of the known Christians have never read the Bible. Just reading Genesis and the things God did th the Hebrews were criminal. I am thinking of Joshua. God came into Joshua's dream and talked him into invading some town and to kill everything that moved but he could keep the young women for themselves to feast on. What kind of God is that. There is much more sick things that God did to the Hebrews. When God repented of making man and man was doing sinful things he "repented" for creating man, thus the Biblical Flood.

First of all, if you are omnipotent and knows the future you cannot "repent" since you already knew the future. That is having it both ways. Sorry but the Bible sucks and I read it and had to take classes on it as I was on a Catholic, private school. When I asked questions like what I just posed, the nun would change the subject quickly and not make a discussion on why God was so cruel and obscessed with sex.

I say "I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope you get well soon" and depending on how well I know the person "if you need to talk to someone about it, I'm here for you"

Thank you.

He certainly has some peculiar ways of showing that love. Pretty silly stuff.

How can we believe that a man that lived and died 2000 years ago loves us. That is if he existed at all. A dead man cannot watch over me and we re talking thousands of years. What is it meant by "loves you". If I go babbling in the streets about Jesus loving him/her it is OK. If I say the same thing but use Napoleon instead of Jesus, then I am crazy. Both instances are crazy requiring medical treatment.

At best I think people who say this are trying to be nice by sharing a thought that gives them comfort in hopes it will give you comfort. People don’t say this to me for whatever reason but I would imagine it would be awkward regardless of who said it. If a stranger said it, it would be very presumptuous of them to think it would have any meaning to me at all. If a loved one said it I would wonder why they didn’t say “I love you and will do whatever I can for you because I love you”.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.