Agnostic.com

75 12

Jesus loves you? What does it mean to you?

I was just thinking about this cause I still have people telling me this pointless thing and I am convinced people have to tell themselves and others that cause life is hard and they need to always feel like someone is watching over them and love them. I’ve had to block people cause I’ve had religious friends texting me stuff like that or asking me things like ,” Have I talked to Jesus today. I should talk to him cause he love me.” Lol I know it’s quite pathetic! What do you guys think? The whole quote to me is just pointless.

EmeraldJewel 7 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

75 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"True. And priests really love altar boys. And nuns."

I had someone named Jesus assist me at the store today. He said nothing about loving me. But, I could say I spoke to Jesus today.

I just stay civil. And smile back and say he “yeah I know and he said he can’t stand you.”

Means nothing.

All these religious crazies that feel they have to impress thier nonsense on other people...UGH! ?
Roll my eyes and move on. Doesn’t mean a thing.

It means no one loves me. It is an insult! (Just joking)

Or, if I was attracted to men, I might respond with, "do you have a photo of him or his phone number?"

It's like ' I'm Batman' . No meaning in real life whatsoever.

Tilia Level 7 Dec 26, 2018

I say "I'm sorry that happened to you, I hope you get well soon" and depending on how well I know the person "if you need to talk to someone about it, I'm here for you"

Thank you.

I've run into that crap all my life. I recently had it out with a former friend because she said that what I said wasn't very Christian. I told her I'm sorry, I never claimed to be a Christian. She claimed that I told her that I was a Christian when we first met. I have never claimed to be a Christian. She wanted me to be who she wanted me to be.

i know if i love (not just love!) a dead person that's necrophilia. what is it if i believe a dead person loves ME?

you know, if jesus REALLY loved me, he'd email me once in a while.

g

Haven't heard from him so I don't think he loves me but that is fine since we never met.

It simply means that person saying it, is saying it. They are saying it most likely because they were taught to say it. And they want you to believe it too, because it reaffirms their own belief by blocking cognitive dissonance and allowing them them the delusion of confirmation bias.

Why am I so special? He loves everyone doesn't he?

How can someone love you if they’ve been dead for 2,000 years, and that’s providing they even existed to start with. And even if they did exist it would only be as a man. That’s just something the brainwashed religous idiots say. Just let it go in one ear and out the other!

I agree
Most of them are brainwashed and havent even read there bible...

You are correct. Most of the known Christians have never read the Bible. Just reading Genesis and the things God did th the Hebrews were criminal. I am thinking of Joshua. God came into Joshua's dream and talked him into invading some town and to kill everything that moved but he could keep the young women for themselves to feast on. What kind of God is that. There is much more sick things that God did to the Hebrews. When God repented of making man and man was doing sinful things he "repented" for creating man, thus the Biblical Flood.

First of all, if you are omnipotent and knows the future you cannot "repent" since you already knew the future. That is having it both ways. Sorry but the Bible sucks and I read it and had to take classes on it as I was on a Catholic, private school. When I asked questions like what I just posed, the nun would change the subject quickly and not make a discussion on why God was so cruel and obscessed with sex.

Jesus is your Shepard.

He looks after you until it’s slaughter time.

Recently I was intercepted by a old codger, my age mid 60s, and a somewhat retarded young woman in her 20s, pushing a new brand of religion: Jews for Jesus or something like that.
She: Jesus loves you.
Me: Who?
She: Jesus
Me: Oh... I like cheeses
She No ... Jeeeesus.
Me: What type: Roquefort, Reblochon . Are you asking me about my cheese eating habits?
She: don't you know Jesus?
Me: Is he a local? Try the information booth ... Pointing in the direction.
She was getting desperate ... So her old codger supervisor walked over to us ... I think she was under instruction.
The he started telling me that Jesus loves me?
Me: Is he male?
Old cadger: yes ... He ...
Me: sorry mate I am not into that sort of thing.
The scene lasted for about 10 and I even enjoyed the spiel

Who?

You know. The man that came back from the dead three days later.

@EmeraldJewel yes he only gave up his weekend 😛

@Andyg17 lol sounds like many of us today! Not a real sacrifice.

@EmeraldJewel oh, you mean Spock?

A 2000 year old dead Jewish carpenter wants to tell em that?

Lol I like it!

I'm not sure even how good a carpenter he was really. I haven't seen many posts of the stunning kitchens he turned out. I could show him some work my grandfather turned out. Maybe he never finished his apprenticeship this jesus as he went fishing with his mates too often

Unless they're talking about the guy who plays for Man C it means sweet FA, and if they are talking about him why would he? 🙂

Jesus loves me. I love you too, Jesus, but I'm not, like, in love with you. Let's just be friends. Besides, you like had this big, bitching party - The Last Supper. All your homeys were invited. But me. I didn't get an invite. I mean, really, dude, I thought you said you loved me.

That's like when people ask me if I know Jesus, and I then ask which one.... Jesus Garcia, Jesus Figueroa, Jesus Santamaria? Btw, your saying it wrong.... It's hay-soooooos!

Like some comedian once said, "If Jesus was Jewish, why the Puerto Rican name?

It’s an excuse to keep believing in Christianity and give it all the credit Regardless of your hard work.

Exactly!

It is just another moronic belief by brainwashed victims that never question what is fed to them

It means I'm in trouble while showering in a mexican prison

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:74166
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.