Agnostic.com

14 0

What's your preference for a burial option?

Cremation? Dissolution? Pine casket? Launch me into space? Hang my casket from a cliff?(??)
For myself, I'm not sure I care much. Something hassle free would be good.
Here's an interesting and quick summary of some (with pictures!)
[legacyfunerals.com]

CallMeDave 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cremation, ashes scattered in the pacific

Curious. Why not skip the cremation and just have burial at sea? Fish food.

i bet there is some kind of restriction on that. there are even restrictions on scattering ashes in some places now

I scattered my moms ashes in the pacific. You can’t do it closer than 25 nautical miles from shore. As for burial at sea, I’ve never thought of it. It seems rather gruesome though.

I am leaning toward aquamation and then having my remains sprinkled around a tree. It is promoted as being a more enviro-friendly alternative to cremation; but I need to look into it a bit more.

I was not aware of this procedure and from what I read ,this is indeed the most invironmentally exceptable process .I hope this is not only available in Australia as I read

Richiegtt:I live in a small town in Oregon and it has a place that offers aquamation.

Cremation, ashes of my dog and my wife mixed with mine and scattered along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina.

fertilizing rhododendron and azaleas is a noble goal

And don't forget the mountain laurel!

Biopod. I want to be an Ash tree.

I want to fertilize one of those ancient oak trees that grow around the Gulf Coast

I'm gonna mirror biopod, but I want mine to be a fruit tree, so I can have my loved ones send fruit from it to my enemies so they can eat me.

Ha. Now we could start a new thread on enemies. How to avoid having any...etc etc

Incinerated in a dumpster fire, charred remains hauled away by the garage truck.

Viking

Must have air conditioning. And a dishwasher.

godef Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

Cremation, ashes spread over Two Jack Lake in Banff National Park.

Photo of it I took: [jamesphotography.ca]

Dissolution, the wave of the future. Hope I last long enough for my state to adopt it.

mzee Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

Throw me in a ditch. I don't care. I'll be dead.

When one is married ,one must acquiescence to the others wishes to avoid discord. I did not really have a preference . My wife for years let me know she wanted us to be interred in a mausoleum . I reluctantly agreed many years ago and we purchassed two crypts.Now I am happy to report I am glad I agreed because I feel it is one thing less our daughter must have to deal with some day , and knowing exactly where you are going to end up is actually a comforting feeling due to it being in a beautiful cemetery near our home

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.