Agnostic.com

6 0

How long should a nonbeliever In a relationship with a believer wait for them to acknowledge slavery in the Bible?

Last year I gave up Christianity because of the crazy shit I found in the Bible. I broke up with my ex partly because she refused to have conversations with me about things I found the Bible that I was never exposed to in church, like slavery yet she held strong to her beliefs about the Bible and non Christians which made her very judgmental of me. We ended up being very judgemental of each other. She thought I was the Devil and I thought she was stupid for not looking at what her own holy book has to say. Was I wrong and inpatient?

Lil2honest 4 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You would have been better off just excepting her faith without picking at it. You were the one that changed. She was what you met. You wanted to force her to change. The was unfair.

I wasn’t trying to change her. I was only trying to hold a conversation about things I found in the Bible recently that she and I didn’t know were there and were morally disgusting. She wasn’t even willing to have the conversation.

You devil You; Good conversation & respect is the mark of a good relationship and does not require patience.

mzee Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

No, you weren’t wrong. I had a similar problem because the person I was with refused to see logic. Two thumbs up for what you did. Slavery of any kind is absolutely disgusting!

Maybe you should find a relationship where you both have the same, or at least similar, beliefs.
It’s not wrong to to be comfortable with your partner.

My last relationship was with a man who became deeply into the Hebrew Israelite doctrine. I tried to present logic to him and it was like talking to a wall. That doctrine is so problematic and led to our relationship ending.

To me, this does not look like a very promising relationship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.