Agnostic.com

8 6

Mushroom coffee

So I was just answering a question on a coffee post and it made me wonder how any people have tried Mushroom Coffee. Anyone?

patchoullijulie 8 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What!
When saying that you really let the end of the word raise high in pitch.

Nope, never heard of it before. I will check with the rest me elite friends for a comment.

Got it! πŸ˜€

from SwampyAppleseed Mushrooms on Facebook

"I have heard of mushroom coffee. Some mushroom coffees are pre-brewed with extracts in them, but I believe most are coffee grounds mixed with dehydrated medicinal mushrooms or extracts... so as you brew your coffee you are also brewing a tisane of mushrooms.

The most common mushrooms used for coffees are Chaga, Reishi, Lion’s Mane, and Turkey Tail... though I’m sure others exist. Cordyceps mushrooms have also been gaining momentum as a great medicinal mushroom for coffees and things."

I've had Mushroom Tea, but taste was not an issue at those times!

Tried it. Not a fan.

Nope. Sounds awful.

lol πŸ˜€

At first I thought this was a joke since i had never heard of mushroom coffee. But I looked and they sell it....
[us.foursigmatic.com]

​

I know right. lol That is actually the brand that I drink.

@patchoullijulie So does it taste good?

I'm addicted to coffee yet never heard of that

You can buy it in health food stores. Mushrooms have some pretty amazing properties that are beneficial to our health.

Never seen any. Is it caffeinated or is it more like a tisane?

It is a tisane. Coffee and medicinal mushrooms. Just add water type of stuff. No mushroom taste at all by the way.

@patchoullijulie Interesting. Why would one drink it if it tastes like coffee and not like mushrooms?

@pixiedust Good question....to which I have no answer πŸ˜•

I do not know what that is, so I guess the answer is no.

It is just instant coffee and mushroom powder that you add to hot water and drink. Mushrooms have medicinal qualities so people take them for health issues.

@patchoullijulie Oh, ok. I was hoping you would say shrooms have been legalized and turned into a beverage.

@Spinliesel lol we might be talking about a different kind of mushroom ...shroom πŸ˜€

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75221
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.