Agnostic.com

17 6

Do you ever have moments when you experience the feeling that in some way 'everything is all right'?

A feeling of ultra contentment! Albeit briefly!

atheist 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Never lasts long but I cherish those moments when they come.

I have, but not in several years.

skado Level 9 May 7, 2018

?

@atheist . . . . I found reality.

@atheist What? Reality?

@atheist Contentment certainly is subjective, but the reality I’m talking about is of the objective variety (to the extent we can discern it). Human nature in particular. I’m a “science guy” all the way! 🙂

@atheist
I'm with ya, bro. We are talkin' about two different things; knowledge of one, bringing about the other. Awareness of objective reality (deep understanding of human nature) bringing about an elevated and persistent peace of mind. 8)

@atheist
The way it works, I think, is, you have to make your own. I'm just saying it's possible. But before you can do it you have to think it's possible or you naturally wouldn't put in the years of effort required to bring it about. I can't claim that you should, but I can claim that it's possible.

@atheist
That's for sure! 🙂

Compared to what?

Athos Level 5 May 7, 2018

Not since I took a shed load of ecstasy in my youth

All the time, Why ?

@atheist
Women, women and more women. They are the feel good factor !

@atheist
But you should never take them seriously ?

@atheist
I have, why do you think I am still single ?

@VAL3941 @atheist Careful, guys. The wrath of a few women may be unleashed upon us - to the detriment of "feel goodies" 🙂 !!

@Petter
I am already in thd shit, what is a little more ? Sorry ladies, just having a bit of fun at your expense, not being mean ?

@atheist
I think they can, these are not theists. Lol

I have felt moments of exuberation/ecstasy (no drugs) but never because I felt 'everything was ok'.

@atheist A peace of mind is different than 'everything is ok', at least for me.

Yes, usually when looking out over a rugged landscape and realizing - humanity can’t control that!

Varn Level 8 May 7, 2018

Yes. They are rare and nearly always linked to having enough money. And I live for those.

Deb57 Level 8 May 7, 2018

Yes. I remember a tv show or book (don't remember which) that expresses the idea that bad luck days are like a disease when they come out of nowhere and that good luck days are the same thing. Everyone can be affected by others, but this idea is that when not influenced, it has to come from somewhere. An interesting concept -- that good and bad days are a virus that is passed around. 🙂 As I am writing this I think it was Piers Anthony, but I don't remember the specific book.

Since Trump was elected, I'd only had the feeling that things will be alright at sometime int he future. It has not been a present moment feeling since the end of the 2016 election.

@atheist Only in those few short moments every now and then when I don't think about who the president is.

Almost always. I have short periods of time that I may doubt, but they don't last long. And sometimes a conversation with a friend is all I need to change the tide.

@atheist yes, I am. ?

I can recall once and only once, this happened.

Someone at work said Howzit going?

My initial response was Pretty good.

I stopped and said, no wait. Things are GREAT!

Does looking in the mirror count?
It used to be wonderful, although for the past few years It's a bastard of a reality check!

Yes. But letting go of ego is the key.

@atheist lol

Alcohol, lots of Alcohol, and everything is all right

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.