Agnostic.com

42 8

Salute to Your Nose: What smell gives you a nosegasm?

Sense of smell is unique because it goes directly to your brain without passing through the thalamus. This is why the sense of smell is powerful for triggering emotion and memory.

So, what smells do you really enjoy?

I personally love the smell of peppermint, pine trees, and pumpkin pie. (Though not all at once!)

silvereyes 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Barbequing chicken. I don't even eat meat, but the smell of it grilling is wonderful.

Jim Gaffigan has a joke I always loved: I'm a vegetarian, but not a strict vegetarian. I eat beef and pork. And chicken. But not fish, because fish is disgusting. How can you tell whether fish has gone bad? It smells like fish either way. Well, this smells like a dumpster; let's eat it!"

Ah, best gasms ever, fresh rosemary, freshly grinded coffee, fresh bread...

Grim Level 4 Dec 10, 2017

I bake carrot cakes for friends and family around the holidays, about 35 in a weekend, and the smell in my house for the next week is as close to perfection as it gets...cinnamon,carrots, that baking smell....

Patchouli on a beautiful woman gives me some amazing visions.

That is one people either seem to love or hate. I love patchouli.

a meadow on a warm wind on a summers day

The scent of a woman where the neck and the shoulder meet.

gardenias and magnolias
where do you get these questions🙂!

I had a gardenia bush growing below my kitchen window when I lived in Alabama, a lot more dishes got done then

Cake baking
Bacon cooking
Smell from crushed lemon leaves
Fresh chives

d_day Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

It's often vague but powerful, a trigger to some lost event, a deep primitive reaction. The evocative fragrance is often accompanied by the sunlight at a particular time of day and a particular season off the year. I'm almost always left with not knowing what the connection is.

Pizza, fresh cut wood, fresh cut grass, dill pickles/juice, beer, whiskey, etc.

Roasting food..ok just food..

I would say that my favorite smell is that of a woman's body up close and personal...

New leather
fresh cut grass.
There used to be a GAP candle that smelled just like a newly mowed lawn and Oh how I wish I'd gotten a caseload of those suckers before they got discontinued.
You ask the greatest questions Silvereyes 🙂 🙂 🙂

@silvereyes They used to. Idk if they still do but found myself missing that "grass" candle and got a bad knockoff on ebay a few years ago & gave up trying to find it after that.

@silvereyes I'll have to check that out thanks.

My personal favourite smell is the scent from frangipani, or plumeria flowers.

cucumber and fresh cut grass

Cucumbers are such an optimistic scent. Love that too.

Dank bud xD

Fresh brewed coffee, fresh clean linen, suntain lotion, freshly cut grass, baby lotion, bbq’ing, smoke applewood, certain colognes, leather...

I think it’s the musk from deer … though they’re never around to verify that. I’ll backtrack on a trail to smell it again ..but rarely find it. Intoxicating, though ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 10, 2017

Black coffe and musk

My ex girlfriend, she smelled so good to me.....lol

Gardenias, Magnolias, and newborn babies smell sweet.

Top 3
Freshly Baked Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Recently washed hair with coconut shampoo.
Cucumber melon body wash after showering.

Unfortunately, I don't have a strong sense of smell and it is not consistent. But there are some that do trigger memories. I remember being in an antique shop and the smell reminded me of times at my grandmothers house.

Years ago I remember going on a tour of a famous perfume factory. We were told that all the 'super smellers' were men. A woman asked why men, she thought it was a form of discrimination. The answer was that it was discovered there was a non-lethal brain tumor that affected one's sense of smell and the tumor was only found in men. The woman was satisfied with this answer.

The smell of boiling wort. (...I make my own beer from scratch.)

@VictoriaNotes list sounds sumptuous. I think I can smell her from here...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.