Agnostic.com

5 1

Is it wrong to gauge a religious person's love for god by if they'd take a bullet for him?

...like a secret service agent making a hail mary dive tackle into an incoming bullet while god is doing a book signing or teasing the poor?

WankSkinatra 5 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Personally I'd gauge itby how they live their lives, just the same as everyone else. But in this list, (things you won't believe are in the bible), [ranker.com] point 21 from this is pretty relevant: if they are Christian then they should love others as they do Jesus...so if they'd take a bullet for Jesus they'd do it for you...if they're true Christians.

my personal favorite ranker.com was "Hot or Not: Most Fuckable Religious Figures"

@WankSkinatra oh gosh! Haven't seen that one...yet.

@girlwithsmiles they just might have removed it.

They are whacked if they do. lol

Right or Wrong I think the idea has some merit, especially for the religious fanatics, regardless of their particular sect. 😉

It's a logical guage. If they truly believe the claptrap, they wouldn't. According to their legends, God is omnipotent and omniscient so would not be harmed by a mere bullet, no matter how shiny. A mortal incaarnation of said god could possibly be harmed, but, meh, they're a dime a dozen.

god's bulletproof vest is at the cleaners, got a terrible stain from his ketchup sandwich.

Pan was a God that died 😟 only his pipes remain.

It's certainly a good way to gauge their lack of faith in his omnipotence, since an omnipotent being could not be harmed in any way, let alone by a bullet.

Jnei Level 8 May 7, 2018

the thing is i don't see why religious folk don't take this approach when people blaspheme. why would an omnipotent force care what some mere mortal has to say about god?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:75889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.