Agnostic.com

27 3

An unofficial question: if Agnostic.com had a mascot who or what should it be?

Would it be a famous person?
Perhaps, an animal?
An object? A statue? A flag?
Fictional or not?

What do you think?

silvereyes 8 Dec 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A candle, burning in the darkness, Or, perhaps,, a light house beckoning the way.

Bill the Cat. His philosophy is right on.

Bill the Cat. One of my heroes.

Bill Nye the science guy

What? I thought it aleady was The Flying Spaghetti Monster... at least for some.

Perhaps a symbol to represent science. A portrait of Charles Darwin? Of course from what I have read, Darwin himself was not an atheist.

@silvereyes How about this. Use the fish symbol with the feet, and for the eye have the Atheist symbol of the A inside the circle. I think that would work as a mascot symbol for the site. You might also be able to incorporate other atheist symbols ihnto an enhanced artwork of the fish with feet. Anyway, that is th ediestion i am thinking in.

The fish with feet munching on a bible or maybe climbing aboard and weighing down the cross jee-whiz is dragging to his cruci-fiction.

Hyperion is the name of a coast redwood (Sequoia sempervirens) in Northern California that was measured at 115.92 m (380.3 ft), which ranks it as the world's tallest known living tree.

A Mt. Rushmore cartoon with carvings of Darwin,The Devil, Dawkins, & FSM.

For no reason at, Tony the Tiger comes to mind.

A raccoon. They're intelligent.

An ape.

There could be something there to that. I like it.

A Jackalope

the hulk

I don't know what it should be but I know what it should be doing. It should be holding something simple, a rock, a seed, a flower and it should be looking into it deeply as if it's seeing it for the first time.

A hedgehog, just because they are so darn cute. Can't be a penguin, Linux has that sewed up.

Flying spaghetti monster. Or Cthulhu.

A photon... caught with my bare hands.

Person - W C Fields or Steven Wright or George Carlin
Animal - Duck-billed Platypus
Object - Magic 8 Ball
Statue - a bust of Alred E Newman
Flag - “What, me worry! In red letters on a rainbow flag.

The Crocoduck.

The Thinker by Rodin: It was originally designed for "The Gate of Hell" by Dante; however, it became famous as a stand-alone sculpture. It is a very moving piece of sculpture, and I was spellbound when I saw it. To me, it symbolizes the way we (agnostics/atheists) came to realize the truth.
[google.com]:

As it appears on "The Gates of Hell"
[upload.wikimedia.org]

Or a Calvin and Hobbes comic.

Excellent choice! Hits the mark, definitely. I've seen two of them (Paris and Stanford), I should have checked out the Philly one.

One of Rodin's original castings of "The Thinker," owned by Gerald Cantor, a former employer of mine, went down with the North Tower of the World Trade Center on 9/11 along with something like 900 Cantor-Fitzgerald employees. The sculpture's head was recovered but disappeared mysteriously soon after. I like the idea of the sculpture being a logo or "mascot" for the site but it may be trade marked.

Karellen

godef Level 7 Dec 10, 2017

Yup. My favorite all-time novel. Blew my mind the first time I read it.

Spock

Richard Dawkins!

You have my vote !!!!

Carl Sagan petting a kitten while they both look up at the cosmos with curiosity

I know!!

How about a platypus?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.