Agnostic.com

26 2

Would you worship a god if one existed?

I personally wouldn't even if it was a good god, I find the entire idea demeaning but what are everyone else's thoughts? What if there were benefits?

• 2 votes
  • 33 votes
  • 9 votes
BlatantSubtlety 5 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about "Yes, if this god did such great deeds as to deserve a bit of worship." Otherwise, this god has to prove that he or she is worthy of my attention.

If it is a real all-knowing,omnipotent,always present and specially an all-loving one then i do.

Zoro Level 3 Dec 16, 2017

I answered no. I would probably be appreciative of said God, but I don't see myself "worshiping" that god.

I'll stick to worshiping dogs. They're much nicer, and always happy to see you.

Any god so vain that needed to be worshiped by us is pathetic. If it was a god, the difference between us and it would be far greater than the difference between us and microbes. What would you think of a person that wanted worship from microbes?

I don't believe in worship I believe in democracy.

There is no god. There is no evidence of any gods. Why would one choose to worship something that does not exist. That is the issue that religious people fail to grasp.

First of all ,I do not believe in any gods of any kind,and even if it were a good god,it would not deserve to be worshiped ,But hypothetically,What if you added to your question ,that this God had the power to send you to a place where you would burn and suffer for eternity if you did not kiss his ass . To me the Gods that believers worship possess the same sadistic ,selfish, revengeful tendencies as dictators .People that live under a dictatorship must bow down and worship these tyrants or they will also be sent to a place where they will suffer. (Prison)

Not with what ive seen going on.

Frankly, any God who needed or cared about your worship is an obvious fraud.

No more than I would a more experienced co-worker or a teacher whom I could learn from.

Unless it turned out to be one of those green women from Star Trek. Then I might consider it.

If I did I wouldn't be on this site.

Why would a deity require worship? To be worshiped is a human emotion and a major flaw in charter. Not all people want to be worshiped, however it is a madness people with great power desire.

A God who protects only those who worship him is not a God....

Very logical

But what is this God’s power. Was he the one that created everything, or was he not that God. If he was the one that did do it all, I’d want to ask so many questions. I wants to know the purpose of childhood cancer! I want to know why food is not more plentiful so starvation could be avoided. Why are there birth defects?

Sad to say Over population is proof that food is definitely plentiful .

I voted no as there are limited choices. Ultimately, it would depend upon the evidence presented. Evidence as clear as scientific fact. Evidence that does not lead to dogmatic tendencies.

Any being who requires adulation, especially from a lesser being, is flawed and, isn't worthy out being worshipped. It's a catch-22.

No I would not worship any god.Mostly because I do believe in a creator that does not require worship nor does he make judgemments. No god would sensibly create anything only to have slavish devotion,or else why give their creations free choice.

I can understand those people who say no , but why automatically give human attributes to an undefinable unknowable source? The human animal is , for the most part, selfish, stupid, racist, sexist , needy, insecure, vengeful and violent. Why automatically give these characteristics to God in this hypothetical question? the word worship means something different to everybody. And yes, for the most part, I am a misanthropist.

Probably not.

what happens if i don't worship him

God is perfection and complete... God doesn't need to be worshipped.

LOL... I think I just offended some people

i worship the sun as it keeps me alive and asks for nothing.

No Nein Net Nee Non

Worship is such a weird concept to me now. I actually had to ask Google what it meant to make sure. "the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity" Okay, given that definition, sure. No deity I have ever been presented with, but if the right one came around. Nonetheless, I answered no. Even though it isn't in the definition, in my experience it usually means uncritical reverence and adoration. I can't get down with that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.