Agnostic.com

41 2

Living on a sphere thats spinning in space, I don't think so

Are we to believe all the junk we have been told over the years about the earth being a spinning ball ( or pear according to N Degrasse ) and fling around the sun plus spiraling through the universe

RogerMetoxen 3 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off it by now.

You totally got this from a Facebook post.

@readyforachange They ripped it off me

Wow! They're real!! It's like meeting a unicorn, a very stupid unicorn.

There are a lot of objects in space that are flat on the top, or some side like asteroids and shit, but as a mass reaches a certain point the gravity and other forces cause it to become a sphere shape. Can’t get around that. It’s like physics or something, man.

Your post doesn't even deserve a response.

d_day Level 7 Dec 11, 2017

Do you know anyone who lives in a different time zone? Get on the phone with them, or better still Skype, and watch the sunset together.

No...l do not BELIEVE this. I accept it as fact that has been proven--over and over again. Heck, Eratosthenes figured this out long ago--are you saying he was part of some diabolical conspiracy? SMH. [en.wikipedia.org]

Troll...or just an unfortunately ignorant person.

Willfully ignorant at that!

Ugh, this post makes me consider accepting god into my heart.

Unfortunately, these guys are everywhere. I thought they were just religious nuts, because most of them are, but sadly this flat earth nonsense has penetrated the atheist community as well. I've spent way too much time schooling them (I would call it debate, but that would be giving them too much credit) and it is abundantly apparent that they don't even have a cursory understanding of physics.

For example, one common thing I hear from them goes something like, "You really expect me to believe we're spinning 1,000 mph at the equator and we can't feel it, nor is the water thrown off due to centrifugal force?"

Anybody who knows their physics here will immediately recognize the problems here. This is worse than the "If we came from monkeys" question. First we don't feel motion, only acceleration. Second, centrifugal force is a pseudo-force and doesn't exist from a linear frame of reference, so that 1,000 mph is no indicator of how much, if any, centrifugal force should be detected. For that you need a rotational frame of reference, which in the case of the earth, is one rotation every 24 hours. If you rotated at that speed in your chair, how much centrifugal force would you feel? You'd be barely moving.

sniggers Find some evidence of Earth being a disc at the centre of the universe, then we can talk. Otherwise, you are just going to be laughed at.

Don't believe those smoothies.

Is this a joke?

There , There , you are absolutely right . Now have another biscuit after your tablet.

Get to the Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC; they have a long rope with a heavy pendulum at the bottom that hangs down through several floors and appears to swing from one side of the room to the other-over and over. But the reality is that the Earth is moving around it, spinning- if you will. [si.edu]

Don't you realize that the angle of the dangle is in inverse relation to the slope of the trope at the ratio of infinity to the power of pi over 42. s/

The Earth is flat, damn it!

Flat Earthers have flat heads. This is all the proof that one should need. Never mind physics!

Pay no attention to the people behind the curtain from the scientific and aeronotics industries who have proven otherwise a thousand times over. Follow only the smoke and mirrors and the slope of a Flat Earthers forehead and ye shall be lead to the truth!

Admin, how can I bookmark this to reply later?

At the top of this post is a Favorite button. When you click it, it will be added to your Favorites, accessible on your profile page (right hand side).

how do you think the world works

lol

Its true as daunting as it sounds.

Even Fox News doesn't think the world is flat

Wait for the drugs to wear off and then you'll get it. If not, you're just an ignorant moron.

Hello mate. Just wanted to know. Are you genuinely a flat earther, or are you just being ironic and trying to wind people up?

Look at the hour hand of you clock. Now halve the speed. It rotates once in 24 hours. See it moving?

That's how fast the Earth is rotating.

Flatards don't get how big the Earth is. And they don't get how stupid they are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.