Agnostic.com

29 7

Would you ever donate to a Youtuber?

This may sound a little cruel, but I just can’t see myself giving money to no youtuber unless I knew for a fact that person was worth donating and giving my money to. I see it this way. That could be money I could put towards my own life and for my own gain and benefit. I see so many of these youtubers trying to expose these celebrities and claiming they work for the Illuminati that it’s unreal. I mean who would even care enough to be focused that much of the lives of celebrities, anyway. What do you guys think?

EmeraldJewel 7 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am willing to pay someone who has really good content to allow them to produce more of it.

I have a channel of my own. I don't ask, and I don't give.

What’s your channel? Would like to check it out.

I never watch YouTube but I donate to a podcast. If you find something well done, then its no different than paying to go to a movie.

There are a few youtube channels that I subscribe to that, yes, I have considered donating to. They have provided consistently good material that is entertaining and educational. Trash TV style stuff, however? NO WAY!

if I thought their work was good, and served a purpose - sure. Better that than to keep paying mass media for the same BS day after day.

Never but if I did TJKirk would be the first. As he's the first YouTuber I started to watch and still do. Plus he goes in. I'm just too cheap, I reckon I need donations!

I haven't yet but would consider it if I found their content informative/entertaining enough to want it to continue. I wouldn't see that as donating, rather purchasing their product. A properly developed video takes a lot of time and some skill to produce. Having said that, if the channel was popular enough to be monetised, I would not.

Yup, in fact I have about 15 a month I set aside for a few of them I like. 🙂

I do, but only if I really enjoy their stuff. I have donated to the BibleSkeptic, who produces great documentary style videos examining apologists claims using the bible against them, and I have also donated to charity events that Youtubers have run

There are YouTubers that have great content and can be very educational. If you wish to contribute to them simply hit the like button, comment, subscribe, and watch the videos. Some do sponsor specific projects. Others ask to be sponsored through patrion. Either way if you like what they do support them. If you don't, don't.

Nope. I would not.

If they can afford electronic devices, data, and an hour to invest in a video, there is always a fast food joint with a help wanted sign just down the street. YouTube is great for getting yourself known, but if you rely on it, you won't get any change thrown into your hat by me.

I tip twitch streamers from time to time

I am not exposing anybody, but feel free to donate to me. I am a good person that will use the money wisely.

Are you a YouTuber?

No

Yes, Secular Talk, Kyle Kulinski. Kyle is good folks. 🙂 and SecureTeam. Young Tyler does well with UFO stuff.

Most YouTube videos consist of someone with a camcorder recording something unrehearsed.

What would be the best that you could expect from donating? More poorly made videos, or maybe videos shot in HD with green screen effects--which are just as bad content wise?

When I was on YouTube, I did it just to get my ideas out, and to have them discussed. My early videos didn't even need a camcorder-- just Windows Movie Maker, some classical music and some clip art. My cost: $0.00.

There are plenty of YouTubers who make videos just to have people see them. Those would be the ones to watch.

It's not necessary cruel that you don't donate to Youtubers. Most of them are idiots, anyway, and you are right about the quality of most of the content on there, even if I am sort of attacking them right now. There is no such thing as harming someone by doing nothing.

YouTube varies widely. ....if a good Atheist appeal is on YouTube the various Atheist legal teams should be referred to the speaker. ...if lawyers won't help the speaker ....we all have to evaluate the need for money for an Atheist making a public appeal. ....I'm never inclined to help the frauds of faith

I believe I can use the money more than they can.

I rarely have any money to give, so, no.

As much as I enjoy some of the channels/content creators, I doubt I would ever hit their Patreon

I don't donate money to anyone or anything.

There is a youtuber Potholer54. He asks that instead of sending him donations send them to your charity of choice.
He is a geologist turned science journalist. Wonderful channel.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:76801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.