Agnostic.com

9 1

What would you call those moments when life hands out serendipity? Luck? Positive Energy? (or just serendipity)

MyLiege 7 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't know how life would hand out anything, but I get the metaphor. Serendipity occurs when looking for one thing and 'serendipitously' finding something else, particularly in research. "He was looking for a formula to produce honey and found a cure for ___."

Anyway, applying it to the specific question, serendipity is serendipity. Any other name one puts on it shows a leaning to the unreal side of life. "God did it." "My lucky number came up." "Must have been in the stars." "The Great Pumpkin smiled on me today." "The unknown force at the center of the Universe is responsible."

I'd call it an accidental happening, unless 'serendipity' fit the situation better.

Chance

I just say that it comes naturally with being God's Favorite Atheist.

It's the name of my unfinished auto-biography.

I don't know if it would make much of a play. Every time the audience figured out what was going on I'd be off with some other screw-ball idea.

a good day

coincidence

skado Level 9 Dec 11, 2017

Luck or irony

Plinko.

I use to belong to a group of crazies. Yes , me too. Anyway, one of the key persons with all the answers would say she was sending light and positive energy to people. One day she was in a bind and was saying how desperate she was. The other members of the group starting telling her they were sending her light and positive energy. That truely screwed her head up. That was the last we heard from her. Lol.

In the right place at the right time. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 11, 2017

And knowing the right people... that was me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7718
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.