Agnostic.com

58 114

10 of my favorite Neil deGrasse Tyson quotes:
because he's just so quotable

1. The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.

2. We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.

3. The more I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all.

4. The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.

5. Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.

6. When scientifically investigating the natural world, the only thing worse than a blind believer is a seeing denier.

7. Ignorance is a virus. Once it starts spreading, it can only be cured by reason. For the sake of humanity, we must be that cure.

8. Down there between our legs, it's like an entertainment complex in the middle of a sewage system. Who designed that?

9. I love the smell of the universe in the morning.

10. God is an ever-receding pocket of? scientific ignorance.

silvereyes 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love him!

10 Commandments of scientific deities and prophets??? Nah, that's okay, I pass. I was an atheist before he learned to write. Never needed him or jesus or doctor who. No Idols promoted in my life. Pass.

If you "pass" why did you respond at all?

@intrepid65 Passed on you too.

We miss you sivereyes...

Love #6 & #8

Very nice, but certainly no more enlightening than anyone on here could have presented with their own list. Anyone disagree?

..compare to Mr. Robert Rodale!!!!!!!.!!

Maybe so--but his easy delivery and articulate speech put him in the ''expert'' category.

There's nothing in these statements that the average intelligent human being can't work out for themselves (which is much more preferable to simply regurgitating someone else's take on them) ?

....ok but now Pat Robertson is
a religious " rock star"
I rather society promote true
factual understanding of reality
as we encounter it

8 & 10 are my favorites.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7793
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.