Agnostic.com

13 6

Steampunk

Any steampunk people here?

Favorite books/movies/events?

Do you dress up? If so, post a pic.

Crimson67 8 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some of the gear is pretty amazing and I have a few older items that could fall in that genre. I just like old, cool gear.

I'm an 'OG' (original goth) and have an appreciation for subcultures that owe a debt to the goth scene, which steampunk does. I'm a fan of some of HP Lovecraft's writing (not him personally and his racist beliefs) and love reading Victorian lit, but I don't have the energy or the money to really invest in steampunk costuming or events these days, so I can't say I'm really part of the scene. I love seeing others' pics, though, and the inventive costumes and accessories they come up with.

Paolo Bacigalupi's, The Wind Up Girl is my favorite steampunk novel of all time.

Favourite Steam Punk video...

Smashing Pumpkins Tonight, tonight

Love it, but haven't got too involved.

?

Love it! Miss Teraboti comes to mind, lemme see if I can find a pic of my partner and I. Found one!

N7EIE Level 6 May 10, 2018

I'm not a steampunk, but it's a scene I really appreciate. I was a goth when I was young and my partner and I came up with a sort of 18th Century goth style so we stood out from all the cybergoths, industrial goths and Victorian goths, so this sort of thing always appeals to me.

Jnei Level 8 May 10, 2018

Perdido Street Station by China Mieville is probably one of my favourite steampunk books, though it’s also horror, fantasy, sci fi, political thriller and goodness knows what else.

The other two books in the series are just as good.

The Scar with a more nautical theme and Iron Council which, in my opinion has the most satisfying end.

Definitely worth reading though they can be hard going, they are very rewarding

Had to look it up.

thanks@

I steampunked one of my guitars.

Duke Level 8 May 10, 2018

I run across stuff I think looks cool called Steampunk but don't know what it takes to get that name

I really appreciate the style, but haven't pursued it yet.. almost when I just ordered new glasses but there's not to much selection around here. How about you ??

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:77977
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.