Agnostic.com

12 1

Has your lack of belief changed you? Are you a better person for it?

atheist 8 Oct 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not really, I have been this way for many years. I think I am a better person for not being part of any religions or dogma. I follow my own creed and know deep down who I am and so do the people that know me.

My unbelief has led to a true clarity for me with life. Things have become far more ‘black and white’, ‘true or fake’ - funny as I think we can thank Trump and his lies for this increase in discrimination regarding ‘real or fake’ news. This discernment can spread into other parts of thinking about your life.......

As a kid I read a lot! Was an airforce brat,so I traveled a lot very early at the age of ten ,I knew I wasn't a religious person.

Treme Level 2 Oct 8, 2017

i never really believed, so i think im the same type of person

lol, i like how you had to clarify the height cuz of my name. I think so, probably not in any major way but i used to participate in religious discussion alot more because of my lack of faith but now its not really something that seems too important to me anymore

Yes! You can lay down your burden of guilt for not being perfect (everything is a sin, etc.) and become a genuine person.

Unequivocally YES!

I'll just be sitting right here on the fence on a hill watching the wheels turn. Call me what you want, I maybe a fool but certainly not a warlus. I only need a pint a day.

I think I am a better person without religion When I tried to adhere to religious teachings, I found myself to be more judgmental of others and less tolerant. Now I am more sympathetic (even to believers) and feel much less stress. I judge myself less harshly and am more accepting of others.

Sort of being born again

atheist: Rebirth or Revert?

Yes it has changed me, it has helped me to focus more on living for today, instead of hoping for a better tomorrow. I don't know if I'm a better person, but I believe I have a better perspective about life.

Having a better perspective in life will surely make you a better person - and I congratulate you for that!

If you can't make tomorrow better than today you can move sideways but don't slide back.

There are many claimants to this quote, but I believe it originated from China"

"Two steps forward one step back" or the other way around,
One step backward two steps forward."

Have it your way but this quote is only for the grounded brainy types.

I've always felt pressured to commit to being a Christian just because. I feel so much more authentic expressing my true beliefs despite obvious disappointment from believers. Yes, I'm a better person for doing so and more content with myself.

atta girl!!!

I’m not sure if I’m a better person, but I have more clarity on things that were confusing

Oh, come on!

i mean through atheism i became a Nihilist which has made me less anxious and more social

Well I guess I act in a hedonistic/nihilistic manner

I picture you now as the guy in one of those city-sized flying saucers firing away at earthlings to kingdom come

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.