Agnostic.com

28 5

Happy Tears

When was the last time you were moved to tears by something beautiful/profound?
What were the circumstances?

AMGT 8 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I watched the Leah Remini Scientology Aftermath show....seeing what those people went through from such a young age....ugh.

Morgan James has a voice that doesn't seem like it could fit in her body. There's a song that I never really noticed on the album, even though I'd heard it many times. After 3 years of trying to see her, I finally ended up seeing her, and this song just melted me, starting with my eyeballs. My heart has been broken and although there is probably no way for that to be unique, it always feels unique and this song made me feel like someone else had walked the same path. No really complex music or words, but together and live and erupting from this tiny blonde woman 15 feet away, something just clicked.

I was sitting and watching my first granddaughter playing and smiling at me when she was a baby. I'm sure there have been others since, but that's the last one I can think of.

I'm living in a small town and I went to the school annual Xmas show. The kids are so awesome. However, I'm not Christian for sure. I am a humanitarian universalist, It is actually a real church. I would say I go along with the American Indian and I believe in reincarnation and karma. I had an experience in 94 when my mother died. That's why I'm on this site.

My kids bring out some good emotion they have these leaps of maturity and the level they leap is immeasurable and way beyond what I expected.

I go have coffee with my 90 year old granny at her house 3 times a week. Every time I drive off to go home, I cry.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 12, 2017

Are those happy tears? I cried when I had to put my mom and dad in a nursing home. Then at my mom's funeral. I didn't cry for my dad. I just buried him.

Yes very happy tears. I have an amazing grandmother. Feel lucky to have her in my life each day.

The second movement of Dmitry Shostakovich's 2nd Piano Concerto.

It's nearly always music that does it for me.

Music keeps me going. I am lucky in that there are 2 U.S. and one Canadian Classical music stations I receive.

My friend's wedding 10 years ago.

Every time I hear that one of my former students became a doctor, a teacher, a marine, an engineer.....

You are awesome!

SilverDollar. Thanks.

AmanHasNoName. No, the kids are.

Steven Wilson, Ninet Tayib and band playing Routine live with video accompaniment at the Boulder Theater in Boulder, Colorado.

As I age, I get emotional easier. A sad movie or something my daughter accomplishes.

gearl Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

@Kreig posted a video of New Zealand a couple days ago. Breathtakingly beautiful! I was moved.

I've watched Autumn Rush several times and it never fails. One of my little stories did it as I was writing it. Several pieces of music turn on the fountains. It's tough to narrow it down to any specific thing, time, place, or circumstance, but it happens. On the other hand, I'm such a strong empath (not a HSP) that I could NOT dissect that frog. Not what you can call squeamish, but more like I can't stand to see anything hurt. Not so bad that I can't swat flies, but close.

What is interesting about that is that many see me as cool and calculating and can't understand how I can be so sensitive -- but I think those are different and separate traits.

Hmmmm.... I don't remember happy tears.... I'm sure i had some... I just don't remember.

Visiting my sister at her university over thanksgiving break, I was so proud of her I couldn't hold back anymore.
The last time I ALMOST cried happy tears was during my birthday party a week ago when I was talking with a couple of friends from my student group. I realized how lucky I was and how much I loved them. I almost cried then but not quite.

Neither were really "beautiful/profound" but they were happy tears so I thought I'd share

Listening to my son talk about how much he loves science and wants to be a Mars colonist one day.

While I was talking to Lisa. Can't even remember what it was about. She said: "Are you crying?"

(Lisa is not my partner. She used to be my gardener. She is a Chav hustler who will steal your money - and your heart.) Avoid!

And when I saw my daughter being born. I am told that that is normal.

Watch "Cheech and Chong next movie funny scene" on YouTube

Ok. I remember crying at this. Don't pass it up.

That reminds me of two movie scenes where I laughed so hard I cried. Saw Abbott and Costello's 'Who's On First' as a kid and recently the sex scene from 'The Bronze'.

Thanks for looking...

It's been awhile and even then not having been a crier until later in life, which I attribute to body chemistry changes, is odd for me as it can come on suddenly seemingly out of the blue.

That last most memorable time was over an 11 year old dog who looked and acted half his age at a National specialty dog show. My breed has a tendency to drop dead and too young so an older dog in good shape is a big deal.

After having seen too many out of standard freaky moose think my tears were more a relief that something like him still existed.
He was pretty amazing though and more than worthy of tears of joy.

The birth of my youngest granddaughter. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

I'n not easily moved to tears by pain or movies and such, though music has the most humbling effect on me. I go to the opera as often as possible, and i'm pretty much always moved to tears, crying like a baby gurl lol...
It's ok to feel <3

Grim Level 4 Dec 12, 2017

That's interesting.... I remember the Beatles hitting the charts. I was something different that hypnotized the girls. It's like they needed this so very badly. Geeze... It was the beginning of a new dream come true for them... mass hysteria.

It happens almost every day. Maybe I'm too sensitive but it is a part of life with it's joy's and sadness.
The circumstances run the gamut from happy, sad and beauty (I have amazing sunsets out my window and sometimes they are emotional).

Walking behind my nearly grown kids when they had just reconnected after being separated by college. They were talking (and walking) a mile a minute, exchanging so much joy. I might as well been a fly on the walk, but was deeply moved by the subtly stated love there.

Zster Level 8 Dec 12, 2017

I need to add something to this question. I am an introvert and whereas I try to contribute to this site, often later, additional ideas come to mind.

My late partner had a motto: “Discipline first then Love”. It took me years to figure this out but I did and now it’s become a part of my persona. Basically it is letting reason rule emotion. I have discovered controlled emotion is imperative to one’s health and actually seek and allow things to move me. Every year we had a group “Abby Road” come and give a concert. She loved the music and the event and would go and dance and socialize for hours (it was too loud for me – I could hear the music in our home). She did a mental cost/benefit analysis because she knew she would have a headache all the next day. It was worth it for her. I had no clue as to parenthood but one thing I did know was the importance of teaching my daughter to control her emotions.

I had some errands to run so I quit the site and went out. On the way home the Polovtsian dances were playing on the radio so I decided to make a detour and take advantage of the situation. It was another nice day. I live on an island (which we chose because of it's setting and community) and the natural beauty can be stunning. I drove along a particular road through a lightly wooded area with water views. The road winds along a shoreline with views of tree covered hills and snow covered mountains (there is seldom snow here). It goes past farms and our small lake. I purposely let my emotions take over. I have come to find this guiding of emotions can add enormous value to one’s life. I call it the purpose driven emotion.

Damn, damn this site seems to find ways to push my buttons and give me no peace (purposely expressed and controlled). After writing this I sat for a quiet lunch and started reading an article. Some points hit me so hard I can scarcely read the words. The article is about confronting death (but I didn’t know that when starting it). Anyone who has dealt with the death of a loved one can understand what this article is about. I will put together a question tomorrow dealing with just this issue; it is a deeply sensitive one.

[smithsonianmag.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7858
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.