Agnostic.com

9 5

There is a religion that worships, "The Flying Spaghetti Monster." It's a church as well. The people are called, Pastafarians.

There's a religion of adonitology, where they worship big women with big butts too. These all seem ridiculous to me.

Sarahroo29 8 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think they are a parody of religion which seems ridiculous to me. All hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster. May his noodleness be upon you. Ramen

Lol.

lol

lol

The first one is silly fun...

The second one could be a fettesh... hmmm... people can get crazy sometimes...

Yeah.

This actually brings up a good point about belief. I’m a Dudeist Priest, which allows me to perform ceremonies for money, but my belief is in Zen Taoism. The title is merely something to indicate a greater idea in a funny way. I could, more seriously, be a Humanist Priest (for example). The same is true of FSM because it seems obviously satirical to truly believe such a thing is serious.
I would say it’s not really the belief, or label, that matters but the veracity with which one asserts the label. At the point another’s belief threatens mine that tolerance stops. Dogmatic religions are a problem primarily because of their need to proselytize and convert than because of what they state.

Yep.

I've never heard of adonitolgy before. I might just convert! 😛

Lol.

It's on Google.

Lol.

The Pastafarians are just plain funny---I get their memes along with my news feed. It's a welcome change from the dreary political stuff that has been keeping me in a nearly constant state of anger and frustration.

Haha.

Yes, they are funny - and I too read their jokes because the news is damn depressing. I need a good laugh on occasion.

I worship big women with big butts. Where is that church, I need to go to service. Lol.

Lol.

Just google and you will find a FSM group - at least hope you will. People enjoy pasta and for that reason they have generous posteriors.

I am a Proud Pastafarian. I worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I have been touched by His Noodly Appendage. On the 5th Sunday of each five month Sundays, me and other Pastarians meet at the Old Spaghetti Factory for pasta. The servers like us. We are cheerful, courteous and leave good tips. One server said that religious people often to not leave tips. They leave religious pamphlets instead. He said "You can't pay rent with pamphlets. They do not realized this."

SKH78 Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

They're parody religions (pastafarianism is, anyway). They're meant to be ridiculous, and they prove a point: we can't disprove their claims, but it would be asinine to say that FSM existed. I quite like these parody religions. They're amusing, and don't try to take over government policies.

Yes. Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:7880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.