Agnostic.com

29 8

At which level would you be willing to date someone?

I might be willing at #4.

• 1 vote
  • 1 vote
  • 3 votes
  • 15 votes
  • 39 votes
  • 31 votes
mebeb32 5 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would much rather date someone that was an atheist and or agnostic.

I would allow for an understanding of an "universal intelligence" as evidenced by how biochemistry, astrophysics, et al, operate and likely include an overarching energy force or field. My understanding of this is that it is impersonal, i.e., I don't ask it for favors 😉 just acknowledge a wonderment greater than myself. (Yes, I am a Wonderment 🙂
Religion . . No thank you.

J3sse Level 5 May 16, 2018
  1. never dating again.
  2. If someone liked me...weird...but we'd need to share morals, ethics, & life style.

As long as they didn’t try to force their beliefs onto me, its not important.

same

Religious (Church On Christmas And Easter)

The last woman I dated would pray, but did not go to church. Her daughters were atheist, so it was not a big concern.

I would have to be in love with someone who had religious beliefs before I could start dating them. That being said, I o ly seek relationships with agnostics/athiests.

I'm not looking to date as I am happily married, but if I were I would not be able to date someone who was religious to any degree.

I've been willing to date women who are slightly religious (church on xmas and easter). I feel like this is my best shot at dating someone in the South since I don't come across many atheist/agnostic women. However, the real question is, is she willing to date me? So far the answer has been no.

Only level 7 & up. Only joking. If they're on the level, theyre in with a chance.

Personally I want another nonbeliever because I was with a religious woman for over a decade and she would not discuss our religious differences in any shape or form and that killed me since I love philisophical discussions. In my bible belt region, I can not bear to put in so much effort with someone whose obvious main grievance is also something they dance around to avoid talking to me. I highly doubt it's something I'd find in another non-believer which is why I'm sort of stuck on that preference.

I'd like to think that I could have fun "exorcising" a super religious girl!

Athos Level 5 May 12, 2018

If religion is important to them, I would be doing a disservice to tie up their time.

Zster Level 8 May 12, 2018

Exactly!

I am open to dating but guys don't want to date me.

I hope your luck changes.

Honestly? It depends entirely on the specifics of the religion and the specifics of the relationship. Like, someone whose religious beliefs were innocuous enough, such as perhaps a Buddhist or Jain, I might be able to tolerate depending on how aggressive they were about promoting them. Similarly, someone who was a devout Jew but did not believe in proselytizing would also probably be okay. I might have to abide by some dietary situations that I would find absurd, but I'd give up shrimp and porkchops for a relationship that's otherwise happy and fulfilling.

Now, religions that are aggressive about converting others, are aggressive about preaching hellfire and damnation, or that believe that certain type of people do not deserve the same rights as the rest of us...any of those would instantly disqualify them from a chance at a relationship with me that wasn't constantly full of conflict

People who have imaginary friends are not open to logic or reality. I certainly am not going to spend my time with them.

A person who believes in god...regardless of him going / not going to church....doesn't have a chance with me. See, he may say "I am an open mind guy." but the fact he believes in god makes him exactly the opposite

My soon-to-be ex-wife is super religious and after I came out as atheist it didn't just go down hill but was like jumping off a cliff. Which is why I don't think I would start dating someone if I knew they were more than a Christmas and Easter church goer. I wouldn't want to go thru some of those problems again.
This is why I made the poll.

I don’t believe in higher powers, I don’t have a certain kind of respect for those that do. I can’t be in a relationship with someone I don’t respect. Period. I’ve tried to ignore that quality in people, but it eventually bothers me too much.

Wrong question, I think.

It's not a matter of religion - of what goes on in the privacy of their heads - but of what they DO.

If they're judgemental, bigotted, insist on indoctrinating children, homophobic, etc. then they are un-datable.

If they're just, fair, decent and kind, then the fact they're batshit crazy is far more tollerable.

Well, none, really..... My wife would get upset and sic the German Shepherd on me.
🙂

very good lol

It would take more then a level. I want a lady that has high ideas and determination. A fighter and a lover. I don't care if she believes in god or not... she just has to believe in me and have my back. I don't want to control her. If she believes in god then thats ok with me. Im going to let her know that i don't.

That's pretty open-minded. I'm not sure I would want to date somebody that's religious. I'd rather see eye-to-eye on religion and politics. It doesn't have to be a perfect match, but I don't like to have to deal with the reasoning and cliche's. I had enough of that after my husband died. It can be stifling.

@dianasquillace. Im married and i just described my wife...

If she's level 3 or below she's not serious. If she's above level 7 she may be obsessed with this site. Lol.

That's a good answer. Moderate...

And maybe she wants to get the T shirt...............LOL

Must be secular for the most part.

Currently dating a religious woman.
It has all sorts of interesting facets given the nature of our relationship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79071
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.