Agnostic.com

40 4

Movie night! What is your favorite drama?

Mine is Jean de Florette (1986) 🌼 Most people I meet have never heard of it and I love showing it to them. Must have watched it 15 times now.

I am in the mood for something amazing to watch, suggestions?

robdowney 5 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

40 comments (26 - 40)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To Kill A Mockingbird … I see how much time can go by before watching it again..

Varn Level 8 May 12, 2018

That is definitely on my list of movies to watch.

@robdowney you must, and soon, it's amazing!

yes I liked Jean de Florette - I would reccomend 'Kicks' a film based in Liverpool by Lindy heymann and Leigh Campbell

I loved "Jean de Florette" but you have to be able to watch "Manon of the Spring" to see how it ends!

Sticks48 took mine but Casablanca is worth at least 2!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, if I need drama, I just go home.

I love both Jean de Florette and the sequel, Manon of the Spring. Manon is the daughter of Jean de Florette, and she gets her revenge.

Thanks for posting this. I just put in a request for these from the library.

Somewhere in Time. Yeah, it's a tear jerker, but I am a big softie.

One of my favorites, which is a silent film, is Metropolis.

Eastern Promises, my all time favorite film.

I could watch Rocky a hundred times. YMMV

Sorkin movies. But Trump ruined The American President....

Ikiru.

I’m kinda embarrassed to admit it, but I really like Mona Lisa Smile.

Well you should be.

Lol!

"A matter of life and death" 1946

Well it is on youtube so here goes nothing! 20 minutes in and I am watching heaven processing newly deceased people entering the pearly gates LOL... Actually it is strangely interesting so far.

Reminded me a bit of Defending Your Life. The color, acting, and special effects were solid for a movie over 70 years old. Thanks for the recommendation.

@robdowney Great director Emeric Pressburger. He did "The red shoes" but also Jack Cardiff cinematographer. whos works include "The African queen" "The Vikings" and "Rambo"
FYI trivia, the angel would not have a long wait to meet the author of that chess book. Alexander Alekhine died in 46

I love that film too. The scene with the boy playing a flute on a beach is so clever.

@Ellatynemouth Niven was always so watchable.

A non-Tarantino film in my personal top five is "Gattaca," a drama by Andrew Niccol. Set in an indeterminate, somewhat dystopian future, a young man fights to pursue his dreams in a society where most people have been genetically engineered. Fabulous retro-futuristic art direction and outstanding performances from Ethan Hawke, Uma Thurman, Jude Law, and Tony Shalhoub.

Asphalt Jungle.
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:79248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.