Agnostic.com

9 5

Anyone else feel out of place in today’s world?

Just wondering if anyone else feels like they are just out of place in today’s society?

RossFitz79 3 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Let me think about it.... a resounding yes.

Im just grateful i made this far.... i suppose if i didnt prepare for my future...i would feel out of place.

I keep thinking of the line from An Interview With the Vampire: ‘I feel at odds with everything.’
It’s a feeling of being ill-placed in space and time. At times it’s a waking nightmare.

Because I'm an atheist? No - not really. Sometimes but only rarely.

Politically maybe more so. But I live in one of the bluest towns in the country so at least my neighbors and me are all on the same page that way.

Quite often.

Out of place is the best place to be, make your own place instead of letting others put you there.

I am out of place but in touch. That way I can take or leave what I want.

I was born in Occupied Japan, within a military family!
I have never thought or acted with the same mannerisms or social graces as others growing up. Even in adult life I have view as an contrarian with out prejudice!
Life as a Military Brat is difficult at best!
Living and working on three continents in all types of conditions has serve me well.
I have always wonder why and have never been answered properly!
The answer is not knowing, but asking?

I must admit that, musically, I'm happier in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries!

Athos Level 5 May 13, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.