Agnostic.com

23 4

Where’s your monsters?

What is your idea of a monster? To me, the ultimate ‘monster’ is the skeletal system. I think what attracts me to that form is the reality of its physical nature. Beyond that, if this post is ever seen or replied to, I would expect responses ranging from vampires and zombies to humankind’s abusive members, real and fictional. So anyway, when I say monster, what comes to mind?

NothinnXpreVails 8 May 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just the ones in my mind. They are the worst.

Fathers/Step-fathers that sexually abuse their own children by literally crawling into their rooms in the dark. Monsters are real and scary as shit.

Indeed they are

What is Hell but Other People.

"Forbidden Planet":
Monsters of the id.

any system that allows for the dehumanization of children

Nazis-dehumanized.

TRUMP!?

My two ex-mothers-in-law and yes I know it's Mother's Day.

Conservative Congressbeings are the scariest human monsters for me.

The scariest fictional monsters for me would have to be anything that can take over your mind. Daemons and such. You can't run from them or fight them.

Donald.

Tony Blair.

I don't know much about him but in honor of you and your country I hit the like button.

@buzz13

That's nice of you. Thank you.

There's a movie called 'The Killing$ Of Tony Blair' which I think is available on Amazon, which offers a different take on Tony Blair compared to the mainstream media's.

For classic monsters I would have to say that I find Lycanthropes the most interesting, vampires seem a bit depressing and the undead are just dullards.
Human beings are the real monsters in this world, left to their own devises they are capable of incredible depravity and often that behavior is brought on by their treatment by other lesser, human monsters.

Wolves, too, have a place in my heart

A Succubus

Proto Level 6 May 13, 2018

Not scary fictional monster: Something from the Monsters Inc. movie franchise

My monsters are too damn close and too damn real.

as far as real monsters, pedophile priests or really any pedophile. disabling and disfiguring diseases can be more frightening than death if we can consider their causes as monsters, as far as fun monsters I would have to say Boris Karloff Frankenstein.

The Abrahamic god in particular and most gods in general as they are all man made myths.

Ahhhhh, I knew that’d be in there somewhere ☝️?

My ex business partner....she's a true monster

The only monster I will never beat.....time

a mechanically nodding &/or smiling clown.

The first thing that comes to my mind is our current Commander In Chief...and Bill Cosby.

Initially surviving my boat sinking in shark infested waters at night paddling without any hope of rescue while listening to the only other survivor (an Evangelist) who cut his foot,shouting ...the Lord is my shepherd etc

There are plenty of monsters in that scenario.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:80514
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.