Agnostic.com

9 0

What is true moral fiber to you and what does it mean to have it.

warmjuly 3 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe true moral fiber is love. To love your self first is an understanding of humanities oneness. If you love your self, you will not do to others, what you would not like happen to you.

I recently had an internal debate on this (I'm a gemini)... I think that I am a very ethical person. Morality seems too churchy of a classification. It seems to go beyond ten commandments into the parts of the bible that seem to be open to interpretation (or contributions) such as homosexuality, wife beating, and eating of certain animals...

Fuck morals. I choose ethics.

I hear what you are saying and I agree to a point but wouldn’t they be the same just said different. Plus morals isn’t that individual so that would take the Bible out of it. I don’t know. I love a women that makes me think. Nice job you got me running around in my head. Lol.

@warmjuly I decided that "ethical" allows more sexual liberty than "moral." Like you can be an ethical slut, but you a moral slut is an oxymoron.

To me, it's always trying to be a good and decent human being. It means always doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.

Do you think moral fiber has a lot to do with solid boundaries on to one self or a little. Is it just something we put a good feeling to when helping others. It definitely I think has a lot to do with integrity and true integrity is what someone has when they are alone. So in that case it is ego driven. I do think it is a lot of things all packed into one word that we all must have. Thank you all for the answers.

Because Metamucil has already been taken, I'll limit myself to being serious, an unnatural place for me. The strength and ability to do the right thing according to my definition. Carrying that a step further, the willingness, courage, and strength to be held accountable for whatever I have done. In order for it to be counted as 'moral fiber', it means to live by this whatever the situation.

I think the definition of "moral" is arbitrary and varies form person to person.

For me it just means always be honest, and to treat others as I would like to be treated.

I like to keep my life uncomplicated.

I don't think so. To me it is more like stepping back and getting perspective and viewing a larger picture.

For me, having moral fiber is not doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. It's reflecting on the well being of others and what is in the best interest of others with the willingness to sacrifice to achieve that for them.

Caring about the welfare of others-helping when I can. think empathy for others make you a better person.

I looked up morality in the dictionary. It said morality is relating to good and evil. The concept of good and evil are illusions, part of the foundation of the ego. I don't think in terms of good and evil, but rather wisdom and foolishness.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8113
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.