Agnostic.com

10 7

LINK 8 Things Alpha Females Do Differently

Being alpha is not easy in the dating world. I am not bossy or rude. In fact I am loving and accommodating. I just can’t put up with any stupidity or disrespect. I also do not believe in 2nd chances!

goldrose 7 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

LOL Most of the women I know are like that. Dating has nothing to do with any of it.

I disagree. Sometimes I wish I could be like my friends. They have no problem kissing ass and letting the guys spoil them. I have too much pride and guys feel they have nothing to offer.

my first wife (kids birth-giver) left and came back 14 times in six and a half years; each time I took her back based off the erroneous belief that I had to sacrifice anything to hold my family together, for the sake of my kids. The last time she left, she tried to come back once more, after being gone three years at that point. And by then, I could see how much better my kids were doing without her there to neglect them. With that under my belt, I told her flat-out 'no'.

Men and women both go through this, for a variety of reasons. And I'll still give a second chance - but you can damn sure bet I'll not give a third. Not anymore.

@DerekD Not everyone is meant to be a parent, or a partner.

@DerekD wow, that's tough. I am glad you are there for your children.

@goldrose Maybe they feel they have nothing to offer, because they don't.
No man is worth "dumbing down" for, or kissing his ass. Spoil yourself.

@KKGator yup, totally agree..

How would you define an Alpha girl?

KenG Level 6 May 15, 2018

Independent woman that does not depend on anyone for anything. She is successful at whatever she does and takes care of her loved ones. Loyal, loving but does not put up with anything or anyone that causes her trouble or grief. I run a successful law firm and raised two children by myself with no help. I would like to give up my alpha status and start depending on others but have been let down too many times.

@goldrose why would you like to give up alpha status? It sounds awesome! After reading this article, I was not sure why anyone would want to be not alpha (beta?). If one is actively pursuing love, doesn't it imply that he or she believes that life will be better when he or she finds it? If that is the case, does it not imply an alpha would not pursue love as there is no need for it? If somehow love happens, great! If not, life is going great anyway!

@srikanth sometimes I get tired of making all the decisions and would like some emotional support.

@goldrose How would you define a non Alpha woman?

@KenG I would consider a non-alpha woman someone who doesn't want to have control of her life or make many decisions. Your traditional 50's housewife, for example. Let him make the and all the bills. She'd rather stay home and have babies and assume he's never going to divorce her for a younger model because someone told her men prefer traditional women.

I want both of my daughter's to be Alpha Females...but I would be slightly concerned that potential male partners that are perfectly delightful in every may find this type of female a little intimidating or scary.

@sarahjustme. Yea..thats what worries me.

I’ve noticed men want to be needed and a center of a woman’s life. My independence is a huge problem. I had to force myself to ask the last guy I dated to help me with things so he could feel needed.

@goldrose Nothing wrong with being a strong woman but it would be great to be the centre of each other's life ..well aspirationally anyway.

Sounds more like a type A personality. I want, prefer and seek out strong women. I want to be with a woman who knows what she wants and who she is and expects to be treated as such. Definetly do not enjoy those overly focused, goal obsessed, living with blinders on types who don't want to hang out, wander and smell the flowers: regardless their gender.

Type A is more of an aggressive type person, I think. As others have said these are just generalizations. But some male attorneys I have worked with yell, pound their fists, turn red as I sit there and wonder if they will have a stroke. They call themselves type A and are very proud of it.

@goldrose I think of Type A's as more super focused, driven and pretty much goal obsessed. That can be someone who is aggressive like your examples of those guys but I would say they're just being bullies/spoiled children who are throwing an adult version of a fit until they get what they want. I would go even farther and say there's a decent amount of toxic masculinity involved. I guess this is just my long-winded way of saying you can be Type A without also being aggressive.

@goldrose I could certainly be mistaken but iirc there are "grades" of A, etc. You might work with uber EXTRA A, or something. A million years ago (seemingly) I was
graded" A2 (?

You remind me of my daughter (which is probably the best compliment I could give anyone). She is kind beyond words, helps her friends, and cares deeply about everyone. That being said, if you frak up intentionally, she's done.

I commend you for your honesty, and your strength!

Thank you 🙂

I'm usually all of those things (from the article) but I get tripped up on labels like "alpha." I appreciate what it means, but I'm just me, no labels, take no shit. 🙂

Does not putting up with rudeness and disrespect make one an alpha female?

I don't know what I am to be honest.

Good point! If you aren't a doormat you're a type A woman! rolls eyes

I'm not an alpha at all, but that being said I don't tolerate being disrespected. I treat people how I expect to be treated. If that isn't a 2 way street I'm gone. I have had to make a life rule that if someone doesn't add positively to my life they can't be in it. I get enough bullshit that I can't get rid of like at work or with family that I don't allow any extra crap in my life. Sounds harsh after I reread it but I have found that you have to draw the line somewhere so as not to get drawn into other's people's drama.

It took me a long time to reach that conclusion too! I can do bad all on my own, don't need a partner in that. If you don't bring in positivity to my life. Bye!

Seems that makes you human.

Raised both daughters to take no shit, question authority, not to be intimidated.
Self defense, honesty about typical human interactions, and what most guys are up to.
Alpha ? Don't know about that but I do know they don't tolerate nonsense or play the Game.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:81894
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.