Agnostic.com

25 3

What is the single most impossible trait to do without in a mate?

What is the single most impossible trait to do without in a mate?

Though the second on the list is not far away, I'd have to say... a thinking mind.

skado 9 Dec 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If this is a trait: being happy with oneself

I would think that is "self-acceptance".

There ya go.

What do you mean by "trait"?

a characteristic or quality, or capacity that’s most important to you in a partner

A generous spirit.

sexual compatability

didn't occur to me because never been in that strange situation but I reckon couldn't bare that situation just won't feel right to me. Everything else will be Nulled!!!! What will be of the relation without a good bed?

Empathy.

Compassion

I don't much cruise hospital's for the brain dead chick's, either....hehe...communication opens the road to all the other traits, so I'm going with communication....I'll toss number 2 in for free...laughter...laughter is the thing I remember most about every good time.

Honesty

I'll go with empathy also.

A really good sense of humor. I was going to say 'intelligence', but a good sense of humor absolutely requires intelligence, so my bases are covered.

Kindness.

Zster Level 8 Dec 13, 2017

Great question!

Must have a sense of humor. It will help get you through all the ups and downs. Because I truly believe Laughter is the best medicine.

Number two, intelligence.

The Bed has to be Right otherwise can you call her/him really a mate?

In a mate ( man or woman) best bud, or in romantic life mate, trust heads my list.

there's more than one or I'm out of there

Inability to talk about how they feel.

There's no one thing. A person is a whole.

I need someone who wants to make the world a better place. I cannot be with someone who is selfish. Our species can evolve to be altruistic.

Lilie Level 6 Dec 14, 2017

Geniunenessness

Wow, thanks! Wonderful answers, all.

skado Level 9 Dec 14, 2017

Being kindhearted

Sense of humor coupled to intelligence.

Honesty.

trust.

Patience and a willingness to compromise.
Recognition that no-one is perfect and that we all have struggles that we must work through.
A mate would need to have the willingness to lift a person up as they work through the things that they are struggling with and to have the ability to see, acknowledge, and to become accountable and have the willingness to work toward modifying their own flaws as well.

Donna Level 6 Dec 25, 2017

Hard to limit it to one but I guess many things can spring from emotional health/intelligence.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.