Agnostic.com

88 6

Who is your favorite Atheist?

Anyone in history...which ones do you admire?

lkahleski 6 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

88 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Christopher Hitchens

Tharp Level 3 Sep 22, 2018

Christopher Hitchens

Tharp Level 3 Sep 22, 2018

Christopher Hitchens

Stephen Fry if really had to choose ?

I enjoy Neil Degrasse Tyson...as the other amazing names everyone has mentioned

Ahhh... The great agnostic... Robert Ingersoll

Christopher Hitchens!!!

Never really thought about it, honestly. I never really felt the need to read up on atheism or agnosticism. The only reason I think I would really need to is if I were to try to convince someone else to go agnostic or atheist. That sounds too much like missionary work to me. “I ain’t about that life.”
I do have some least favorite atheists, though. Any Mormon prophet (with the exception of the schizophrenic ones) had to have been atheist, but liars. Mormons believe prophets speak directly to God. If a man is called to be a prophet, and acts the part, but never actually speaks to God, yet claims to, that man is A)a non-believer, and B)a fraud.

I still debate if it is Sagan, Einstein, Hawking or Krauss.

George Carlin and Bill Maher

Seth Andrews

grumy Level 5 Aug 13, 2018

Don’t really have a favorite, but the first public person I took notice of and the first to make an impact on me was George Carlin.

Seth MacFarlane... hands down!!! Love that man. Smart, articulate, and drop dead gorgeous!! ??

Next to myself? Seth Andrews, probably. He manages to express his indignation at the effrontery of theists, especially in the USA, without discarding his compassion for the reasons people are trapped in destructive mindsets.

Deb57 Level 8 June 18, 2018

Carl Sagan. With Cosmos he made it easy to be skeptical about Religions and very to accept Human religions when limited to earthly temporal concerns when compared to the vastness, infinity and eternity of the cosmos. Cosmos almost made be panteists but the God I heard on Church was just too small compared to the Cosmos. There are other Atheists heroes like Hitchens, Dawkins, but I prefer Carl Sagan for his humanism and because he was not a Atheist in your face but rather a wanted people to be scientific, skeptic and Atheism would be a product of that skepticism.

Me!

MEA CULPA - MEA MAXIMA CULPA I unreservedly apologise I confused Celsus with Democritus the founder of modern science. Celsus merely cristicised Christianity.

My favourite atheist is Democritus

The rudest yet serious is jim jeffries, if you have not googled him then do so but beware his atheist outlook on jokes are best heard with ear plugs lol

He's great.

I love Jim Jefferies, seen him live before. It’s cool he has his own show on Comedy Central on tuesdays now.

I think he doesn't believe in Trump either!

My curiosity got the best of me again. Now I gotta go check out who he is lol

The man i admired the most was without question the late great Christopher Hitchens followed closely by prof. Richerd Dawkins and Sam Harris

All three are three of my own favorites.

There are so many! But if I had to just pick one, I’d say Matt Dillahunty.

Matt Dillahunty

Apart from me it's got to be the Hitch 🙂

Mark Twain

Honorable mention goes to (in random order)
Sinclair Lewis
Lewis Sinclair
George Carlin
Bill Maher
Albert Eisnstein
Stephen Hawkings

and others I can't think of off hand

Mark Twain is an awesome one!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.