Agnostic.com

88 6

Who is your favorite Atheist?

Anyone in history...which ones do you admire?

lkahleski 6 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

88 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's easy, me. Well, besides me, I guess I'd have to say Carlin.

Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Forgot about Carlin. Loved that guy

ME ...

I will add that Robert G. Ingersoll, Bertrand Russell, Carl Sagan are tops on my list

I’m not sure about favorite, maybe Lawrence Krauss or Brian Cox, but funniest has to be Jim Jeffries. I know he’s a misogynist and I shouldn’t like him on principal but damn he’s funny as shit.

Love jim jeffries too...misogyny??? nooooo! please tell me it isn't so

David Attenborough. "It never really occurred to me to believe in God" sums up my own atheism perfectly.

Jnei Level 8 May 15, 2018

I have a few, but I think Richard Dawkins stands out. I like the way he thinks.

Sam Harris

David Attenborough, and then Sam Harris

William Rowe, former head of the Philosophy Department at Purdue University.

Richard Dawkins, the OG.

Rafael Nadal, Abraham Lincoln, Carl Sagan, Hypatia, John Stuart Mill, John Lennon...

My 20yo son.

dkp93 Level 8 May 15, 2018

Tim Minchin

Alfred Jarry (pataphysicist extraordinaire) of course he took the piss out of religion without wasting time on analysis. Can't remember the character in, in one of his books. who when challenged on commitment to religion stated "I am God". And Jarry's mathematical definition... "God is the tangential point between zero and infinity".

George Carlin🙂

Bertrand Russell
His books literally changed my life

Me too. Me too.

So many to choose from, but Jonathan Miller is pretty awesome.

cool. thanks for posting!

George Carlin as someone else also stated.

The best at arguing against religion were Hitch and Sam Harris, followed by Lawrence Krause and Matt Dillahunty.

Assuming we're talking about famous people/celebrities (e.g., not "myself" ), probably Penn Jillette. Also Katherine Hepburn, Frank Zappa, and Charlie Chaplin.

James Randi

Bill Maher

The late Steven Hawking

N7EIE Level 6 May 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.