Agnostic.com

7 1

Catholic school and church

I used to pass out in church. and the image of a near naked man nailed to a stick was not inspiring, it was frightening.this all started the very first time I was in church and never let up. Not until I just stopped going.

michaelj 7 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do they not think if jesus does come back the last thing he is going to want to see is his ass nailled to the wall I mean come on give the guy a warm welcome

I was brought up Protestant, and crucifixes and other representations of the crucifixion startled me when I first encountered them. They didn't frighten me, but I always thought them utterly revolting and avoided looking at them. I still do.

I find all the Catholic imagery creepy. The bloody crucified Jesus, the stained glass, statues of Mary ... it always has and probably always will give me the heebee geebees.

Dontcha just love those dresses the Bishops wear? Aren't they just to die for? ?

Creepy indeed...

It's meant to be frightening.
Part of the game.

Good for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:82335
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.