Agnostic.com

43 9

Favorite cover songs?

What songs do you prefer over the original, or may even be better?

Like my pick, way better than the boring Neil Young version:

JohnGalt917 5 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seether- Careless Whisper
Godsmack-Rocky Mountain Way
FFDP-House of the Rising Sun

I swear, I'm just gonna take a day, sit down, and go through all of these one by one. I imagine it will be a very horizon-broadening experience.

Jeff Buckly hallelujah

Richie Havens cover of 'Here Comes the Sun'.

Blac Rabbit - She Loves You
Not better but pretty damn good.

Jordis Unga - The Man Who Sold The World
Not saying it’s better than Bowie, or Nirvana’s cover. It is a beautiful female version though.

Creep - Scala & Kolacny Brothers

Sturgill Simpson - In Bloom
I really think Kurt would have approved.

My all time favorite and it's Jimi!

Louisville Leopard Percussionists Crazy Train.

Disturbed....Sound of Silence. AWESOME

This is a good cover

Zombie, Bad Wolves

Elton John’s “Daniel” as covered by Fuel is great. I also like Halestorm’s versions of “Slave to the Grind” (Skid Row) and “All I Want to Do (Is Make Love to You)” (Heart).

Look at baby faced Grohl!!

@Marcie1974
I realized that as well.

Which leads me to this song. My daughter Emily who was conceived listening to Bowie songs and was born with eyes of different colour

I much prefer Tracey Ullman's version of 'Move Over Darling' to Doris Day's and I love this classic, if only for Karen Carpenter's vocals. The video is sugar coated cheesiness however.

Some other great covers are:

'You Showed Me' - Salt-N-Pepa

'Losing My Mind' - Liza Minnelli/Pet Shop Boys

Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus:

Aerosmith, Walkin the Dog, Talking Heads, Take Me To the River, Marylin Manson, Sweet Dreams

Oh Manson’s Sweet Dreams is so spooky, I love it!

Jimmy Buffet cover of Uncle Johns Band. This may sound blasphemies but it way better than the Grateful Dead original.

I love covers, here's a fave. Chris Isaak - Solitary Man

David Lee Roth's version of Just A Gigolo.

I was never a big Elvis fan but really enjoy many of his hits, “Jailhouse Rock”, “Suspicion” and a few others... but, Chris Issak’s cover of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” is (maybe/almost) as good as Elvis’ original.

Tomas Level 7 May 17, 2018

Almost anything Sinatra, Charles, or Cocker covered was theirs after they covered it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83201
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.