Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK California’s assisted-dying law blocked by judge

This just highlights the problem we are facing. This primarily one that the religious zealots (like Pope Francis) promote. They say don’t play ( a ) god. But it’s okay if one uses all kinds of modern science to preserve one’s life. As I have said many times, they can’t wait to meet jesus (lower case intentional), but not just yet. Luckily, I live in a somewhat sane state (at least the western half).

JackPedigo 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

People are idiots, what else is new? We just gotta vote. Make Election Day a federal holiday! Our election days are designed for farmers in the 1700s.

Unfortunately, a lot of voters are also idiots (look who got voted in the last election). I worked a polling station for 5 years and saw a lot of ignorant voters at work. We not only need to vote but also be informed about the issues and people running. If one does not know one should not vote for that item. We must never resort to a coin toss vote. Sadly, too many do just that.

people should should have the right to die peacefully. Hell we put our pets down that are family to us all the time when they get really bad so why not our selves. when life gets to a point that its not worth living and all you are doing is suffering, one should have the right to end the pain.

i like to add a side note to this too, it should NEVER be up to relatives, if was legal in Washington state, i would put it in my living will that if i get so bad i can't take care of my self to go head and give me the drugs to end it. it has to be up to the person, and not the greedy relatives.

Wow is that so very true. Most people seem to be living while avoiding death, What kind of life is that. Trying to beat the most beautiful journey with the gift of a mind is not utilizing your talents. Is is not odd how we put down our pets out of pure love, Loosing a pet is like loosing a family member only this one you really do love. Then we see our beloved people suffering a painful terminally ill situation and as said above, we try to put a bandaid on it and extend the life to suffer more when it gets worse.

EMC2 Level 8 May 17, 2018

We all deserve to die with dignity, a right that has been reserved by the wealthy and the powerful for a long time. It's time that changed.

I really like all these people that play with our lives. They would rather feed us dope to kill the pain which in many cases does not work rather than let us die a peaceful death.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:83578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.