Agnostic.com

4 0

a question for athiests

Hello my fellow athiests. Can any of you ever remember the last time it crossed your mind that maybe there is a god, and what was it that made you think that. I became an athiest when I was about 5 years old, and the only time I ever questioned my position on the existence of god was about 3 years ago when I heard the argument from the point of veiw of 'fine tuning', and how the universe was so finely tuned so that human life could exist. At first it seemed rather convincing, but the more I read about this subject the less I was convinced, and soon became an athiest again. please share your exeriences if something like this hapened to you, thanks

RobH86 7 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's getting light here.

Rob, you need to consider what you think.

Sorry, ...

The universe appears a construct of chaos, with no evidence of ‘fine tuning’ nor a method of doing so. Don’t listen to ‘arguments,’ use your skills of perception. Count your abilities equal to those of any human having come before, then couple them with cutting edge science and the literal mountains of evidence that support it.

It’s been so long since I considered the concept of a god feasible ..I can’t remember 🙂

Varn Level 8 Dec 15, 2017

Since becoming an atheist (around 15 years ago) I have never thought that there might be a god. If that thought is entertained, then one has to immediately wonder how such a complex being came into existence. The universe is best explained by not complicating things by invoking a god--especially a god that has human attributes.

I was eight years old when I started to question the existence of a god. I fully became an atheist when I was sixteen years old when I took a class in college and I was learning about Doctor Leaky. I have never looked back.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8371
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.