Agnostic.com

18 2

What would you do if somebody opened an Agnostic church by your home?

AirForceRN1 7 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oxymoron of the week 🙂

Would that be like the Church of The Flying Spaghetti Monster? Whether I would go depend on the times of the services.

Become a Priest in it. I would have sermons about philosophy, ethics, secular humanism, and science.

I'd refer them to a bipolar psychiatrist.

godef Level 7 Dec 15, 2017

that's called a natural history museum, isn't it?

I would think I was awesome...hehe. Did that. Had some people who belonged, but couldn't maintain it do to outside interests and sorta realizing that a church without direct doctrine is not very cohesive. I may open it again, but I doubt it...

My first reaction would probably be one of concern for their sanity.

My primary reason for being an atheist is so I can sleep in on Sundays. I swear, anyone who tries to take that away from me is getting an atomic wedgie.

Thought a church was a place for worship? the thought of crawling on my knees for some deity is absurd.
There's plenty of places to meet and discuss things that matter, but it wouldn't be called a church? Right?

Grim Level 4 Dec 15, 2017

An agnostic church? Isn't that an oxymoron? Whatever, it would not matter to me one way or the other. I will never attend any church of any kind ever again in my life. Why would agnostics need or want a church??

I'd probably go check it out, see what it's like

I would definitely check it out. Whether I would continue to attend would depend on how it was conducted. Any format too like the evangelical services of my youth would creep me out. I don't want a fired-up preacher type, no matter what the message.

I would be there in a heartbeat. I I have always considered myself "church folk" but I don't believe in God. That makes it really hard to be "church folk". Still, I would love to enjoy the community that comes with being a part of a church.

Would definitely attend

I would definitely go check it out.

I would check it out. Is this a photo of an agnostic church near you?

Check out this place!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:8399
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.