Agnostic.com

25 3

Is your life organized?

Or are you a free spirit?

atheist 8 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Most people are a mix of organized and spontaneous. It becomes mental illness when behavior is extreme: severely organized and controlling, or dangerously impulsive.

Since childhood, I have been an ebullient, enthusiastic person. A creative, left-handed musician and artist, I am also organized and analytical.

While problem-solving, I flip back-and-forth between my left and right brain. Sleep is restorative. Often I awaken with the best solution.

I have heard women's brain are wired differently then males. The interconnections between the left and right lobes are one big difference. Again, it is not the size that counts but the complexity.

@JackPedigo Women are more wired across the hemispheres. Men more wired from back to front of each hemisphere, but with exceptions to this general rule. It's to do with testosterone levels in the womb and early infancy.

I just keep looking for something exciting to do. Have no time to ever want to be Organized. If the sun is shining then I'm out and about. I'll tidy when it rains.

I live in the vortex of chaos. Care to join me?

Clean your room. Reduce your pain.

Source:

Thank yo for this. I was going ti mention that one's outside is a reflection of one's insides. I have a friend who has serious problems in this area. The part about masturbate less might be a problem for some on this site.

Disorganized as hell. Last year I sold or gave away everything that I own. I own nothing but a TV, a cat, and a mattress, and I still am disorganized!

No-one in the world would agree with me, I would say my life is organised. I take advantages of crisis and to me chaos is how things are meant to be. You have to go with the flow, things are always in a state of flux in my world, and it suits me.

There is some organization in my life but only for the basic day-to-day living events..(dental appts. Meeting someone for coffee etc). But I am guided by what's within me. I am a free spirit. Structure does not appeal to me. The religious structure of dogma chokes off our freedom to seek and to be.
The problem with most religions is a pernicious striving to make us perfect; we are human and surely we can accept each other, warts and all?

Free spirit? I always thought I was just messy.

Semi-organized. I'm an inexpensive spirit!

I am organized and I think it saves time. When I had a desk job I liked everything organized just so I could do my work without wasting valuable time trying to find what I need. When I see clutter, my brain is fixated on cleaning it up and I can't move forward until I get the junk out of the way and can see a clear path.

I am a free spirit. Since retirement (forced) I am not as organized because I have seven roommates and I turned by office into my bedroom. Too much stuff.

7 roommates?
Holy shit!

wanted to stay in my house-they are all family-my daughter's bf's family-I can travel with them there.

@sassygirl3869 good thinking.

Hahahhahaha it’s pretty chaotic

At the moment, the thin layer of dust on my fireplace is quite organised.

Very organised. I call it a heap system.

@atheist A series of heaps. This amounts to a filing system if and only if I can remember where I put it. Sends me into a catatonic fit if someone moves a heap.

I've been retired for almost three years and the best description of my life is organized chaos. I'm most creative in an environment which many people would find unbearable. I always have multiple projects going on and I don't put things away because I move around between them. I don't eat meals at any particular time -- or even eat three meals a day. I sleep when I'm tired and not according to the clock. I think I'm rebelling against a lifetime of schedules and deadlines. I wear what I want, started collecting tattoos at 65, and right now have a streak of turquoise in my hair. As long as I am careful to make sure I don't hurt anyone else, I will probably go on this way.

Sounds like I would be - if my wife left me alone! God knows how I ever managed to run two departments of an American multi-national company in East Africa, let alone my own publishing business afterwards.
Luckily I had good secretaries in the former and an organised wife in the latter!
Women are the amazing backbone of society.

Depends on which side of the cranium wall you’re talking about. My interior spaces are conventionally organized, but my exterior spaces are organized according to a scheme that few would recognize.

skado Level 9 May 18, 2018

I don't believe one has anything to do with the other.

I'm a free spirit. I have a wife to attend to the organised side of life.

@atheist They usually find you!

no chance

Freely organized.

My work things are very organized. My home life however is chaotic. I gave up on keeping things organized at home forever ago.

I'm freely organized.

Yes it is

I'm not sure that not being organised equates to being a free spirit. More like a slave to the consequences of chaos, imo.
However, I've become very organised. It really helps me to cope

My room is organized, but I seem to still put things in disprganized places.

@atheist Nah, it's neurosis caused by lack of sleep, wanting to do too much, etc. I am forever in love with the brain work of the math student, and finding new ways to harden the physique. I wonder if I will ever be financially successful like this, though. I am also watching my GPA take a hit this semester, and I am generally just very saddened by my situation. So boredom? No. Neurosis? Yes.

@atheist No. Neurosis is a nervous corruption that causes negative emotions. It's a general term. You're thinking of volatility from the psychology field.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:84000
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.